Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » So what should i do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So what should i do?
hot419fem
Neophyte
Member # 23610

Icon 5 posted      Profile for hot419fem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok me and my girlfriend were dating like almost seven months before she proposed to me.
We have been though so much **** together. For like two months she told me that she was transgendered.
she wanted to change her name to Jaime and cut off her breast.
then she was like Dominique I dont want to be trans anymore. Im just a stone butch.
So i have went from being les, to Bi to queer back to lesbian.

Shes also got mental issuses, you know the whole hearing voices and seeing things, issue. but i stil love her when shes on her meds, because shes really cool when shes on it. But when shes not, shes evil, and very moody, and i hate that.

so when she asked me to marry her, it was in a voice massage. then i read on her online journal that she was playing but wanted it at the same time. then i guess she was all for it later on that day. I text her my Yes!! this was back on april 4th.

since then i have become a vegertiaran, cut and dyed my hair, and lost one of my best male friends. im not saying that i did all of this to make her happy, but it does.

I dont even have a engagement ring. I dont even know if shes really,as into this as I am. I have been looking up dresses and hair styles. I told her about this and shes just like oh thats nice. I mean i was even like we need to set a date so that we can start saving money. once again a i dont know.

but i guess most "men" dont really care about the goings on of the wedding. they just let the women handle it.

i guess that i should just stop thinking about it. I mean even the whole moving in together thing she doesnt seem to into.

so yea.what do you think

------------------
One sweet little lez from toledo

Posts: 2 | From: Toledo, ohio, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 10 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but i guess most "men" dont really care about the goings on of the wedding. they just let the women handle it.

Nobody's gender excuses bad behaviour.

Sounds like you need to have a serious talk with her and see if she's serious about the idea of marriage.

But it's also worth thinking about what you want and need in order to make the relationship work, before deciding whether or not you want to marry her. It sounds from this post as if you feel you're doing a lot for her and putting up with a lot of stress, but you're not getting what you need out of the relationship.

quote:
but i stil love her when shes on her meds, because shes really cool when shes on it. But when shes not, shes evil, and very moody, and i hate that.

Sounds like this is also something you need to talk about. Let her know how it affects you when she's not consistent with her meds.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hot419fem
Neophyte
Member # 23610

Icon 10 posted      Profile for hot419fem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the advice

------------------
One sweet little lez from toledo

Posts: 2 | From: Toledo, ohio, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.