Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Friends trying to make a move!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friends trying to make a move!!!!
Chiisu
Neophyte
Member # 15773

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Chiisu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey,

I'm having a serious problem here. I have a gay friend who won't leave me alone... he keeps harassing me and I don't know how to handle it. He also keeps making a move on me. Please tell me what I should do?!!!

Thank you

------------------
Ryu no Taisho

Posts: 6 | From: Bradenton,FL,USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just the same thing you should do with any friend who keeps trying to make an unwanted move on you, really.

Let him know clearly and firmly that you're not interested and you want him to stop his behaviour. If he won't respect that, then he's not a "friend" at all, and you have every right to break off the friendship.

If you've already made that clear to him and he still won't stop his behaviour, then you're right, this is harassment. In that case, it would be a good idea to talk to staff at your school and/or an adult you trust, explain what's been happening, and ask them to intervene. In an extreme case - e.g. if he's actually stalking you or assaulting you - then you may need to go to the police.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiisu
Neophyte
Member # 15773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiisu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by logic_grrl:
Just the same thing you should do with any friend who keeps trying to make an unwanted move on you, really.

Let him know clearly and firmly that you're not interested and you want him to stop his behaviour. If he won't respect that, then he's not a "friend" at all, and you have every right to break off the friendship.

If you've already made that clear to him and he still won't stop his behaviour, then you're right, this is harassment. In that case, it would be a good idea to talk to staff at your school and/or an adult you trust, explain what's been happening, and ask them to intervene. In an extreme case - e.g. if he's actually stalking you or assaulting you - then you may need to go to the police.

Hey it Chiisu,
Thank you for telling me this.
Bye
Chiisu

------------------
Ryu no Taisho

Posts: 6 | From: Bradenton,FL,USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.