Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » I'm attracted to gay guys.. and I'm a hetero girl

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm attracted to gay guys.. and I'm a hetero girl
RegulaFrankieFan
Neophyte
Member # 9104

Icon 9 posted      Profile for RegulaFrankieFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all.
I"m a hetero teen, butI away find myself attracted to gay guys. Like, male dancers, and actors... the theatrical type. Is thi normal, and am I still straight?

------------------
*~*No Day But Today*~*

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you're female, and the people you're attracted to are male. That would make you heterosexual, yes .

Actually, quite a few women are attracted to men who don't behave in stereotypically "masculine" ways. Many of the "theatrical type" are gay, but plenty are straight or bi (in fact, the campest guy I know happens to be straight).

Obviously, if you're only ever falling for men who aren't attracted to women, then you've got a practical problem. But there's no reason why you can't find men who are your "type" and who are straight or bi.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I fall for gay guys a lot too. In fact, before I went out with him, I thought my current partner was gay, but pursued him anyway. Haha, not that I'd generally recommend that, but you never know. Also, one of my male friends who seems to be about as gay as they come (he dances, speaks in a high voice, wears skirts and jewelry in public) in actually straight.

Keep trying, not all straight men are macho

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
milkiemaid1144
Neophyte
Member # 9269

Icon 12 posted      Profile for milkiemaid1144     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
first off- mad props on the name "regulafrankiefan" i love that movie, i've seen it like 12 times and gone to see the play twice and Columbia is my fave character!!! And secondly, i know exactly what you mean, because it happens to me a lot too. like right now, i'm trying to get on the crew for a play cuz this major hottie who was in the play (RHPS) here is gonna be in it. but anyway, enough about me, back to the issue at hand. I think this happens because we like guys who are creative and romantic and charming and who share some common ground with us and someone who will listen to us talk and someone we can really just be ourselves with. But then again, thats just my guess, but i know how it is, none the less. you seem pretty cool. so if you have any other questions, or want to talk about anything feel free to email me: --edited--. well thats all for now check ya later!!!

Per the guidelines, please do not post your email address or other contact information here. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by kythryne (edited 07-29-2002).]

Posts: 6 | From: Corpus Christi, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.