Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Bisexual Relationship Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bisexual Relationship Question
Autoamerican1980
Neophyte
Member # 3698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autoamerican1980     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I've known that I'm bisexual for quite awhile, but over the past few months I've had a crush on a guy at my school. It's been kind of hard for me to deal with this because I simply don't know what to do about it. I don't know if the guy's straight, gay, or bi---about six months ago, he started looking at me a lot when we pass in the hall of our school. He kind of smiled sometimes, but most of the time not. I just considered him a nuisance for awhile, until I began to welcome what I thought were subtle advances. When I started staring at him back, the guy kind of backed off a little. But, he has done things like look at me up-and-down before (???). Now, the situation is just really stupid and childish---he'll look at me, I'll look at him, blah blah blah. I've tried talking to him before, but nothing has come from it. He has a girlfriend that he's not too close to and he is into sports, but there's just something about him that's different. I know that this situation seems really immature, but it's my first experience like this. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do? If so, please reply.
Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make friends with him. Get to know him.

Even if it doesn't turn into a relationship or he is straight or whatever, at least you'll have a friend. And if it does turn into something you will be a lucky duck!

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definetly be friendly and get to know him first. Don't get all excited because "oh my gosh a person of the same sex likes me" and settle for a relationship you wouldn't usually want. Hang out with him a little, get to know him. If you want to be direct, ask him his sexuality (an easy way to get used to it is to ask everyone their sexuality when you first meet. Don't be hetero-sexist, instead of asking if they have a girlfriend, ask if they have a boy or girlfriend. I used to be nervous about doing that but now when someone points out that I asked for both, I'm surprised because it's such a habit now). If you don't want to be so direct, mention a friend came out to you because they have a boyfriend and want you to meet him, say how happy you were that they've found that special someone, see how the guy reacts. He may act homo-phobic if he's in a closeted state, but if you react positively, then he'll react honestly. It doesn't mean he's bi or gay, but then at least you'll know if you can be honest with him (or if you should be honest with him).

Brittany

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a really cool idea, the asking everyone their sexuality when you first meet them. I will have to try that at camp this summer.
Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He likes you.

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

If I run by the window real fast no-one will notice I'm naked.

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dosdeabril
Neophyte
Member # 7220

Icon 7 posted      Profile for dosdeabril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a lot to say on this, since I am in a very similar, yet much more serious, situation. I would get the sexual orientation thing right out in the open, otherwise you end up where I am . I have the same kind of feelings, like there is something different about him, like you are pretty sure he's at least THOUGHT about it... but I can't tell you to act on those instincts, cuz I don't know if mine are true. I guess you can email me if you want to talk more about it.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.