Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » need support of friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need support of friend
sexualkugel
Neophyte
Member # 17595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexualkugel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have known I am bi since I was probably 12 or 13 (I'm 17 now). I really accepted it about 2 or 3 years ago, and began telling people this summer. I am completely ok with it, but I'm still shaky about telling some people...especially my best friend. She is very supportive of gay/bi issues- she came to a gsa meeting (I am the pres), she makes sure to be politically correct, she is great about it. But she is very uncomfortable with things she has never personally encountered, sexual things specifically. Well, I finally got the courage to tell her the other night, and basically, her respsonse was that even though she was glad I could tell her, she wished I hadn't, she would rather not know. Now she is pretending I never said a word, and refuses to even discuss it. I told her I would rather have her ask questions or tell me her problems with it(especially b/c I told her so I could be honest about myself), but she freaks out every time and says she "doesnt know what to say." Would it be completely innapropriate for me to email her a list of ways to respond in this situation (a guide for friends of people who come out)? How long do I have to wait? Pretending this never happened is killing me. How do I deal with her? I also want to tell other people, but not until this is worked out.
Posts: 4 | From: new jersey | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetie_pie
Activist
Member # 13728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetie_pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just think its her way with dealing wit it if u did not say you actually wanted to talk bout it and have a big heart to heart convosation bout it then i just think its ehr way of accepting it! Sorry if not alot of help!
Posts: 65 | From: Eastbourne | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.