Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » I need your help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need your help!
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the deal. When I'm not volunteering for Scarleteen, I am a graduate student doing research on sexuality and gender in high school, and how it ties into social status. I've done a bunch of interviews already, but the next part of my project involves running an online discussion board (similar to what happens here, but only for a few weeks).

I really need to test out my questions and discussion topics ahead of time, and you all are so amazing and brilliant that it would be great to have your input. I'll set up a separate password-protected section of the forums here, so it won't be visible to anyone else, and over the next couple of weeks run through the discussion with whoever's interested and then ask for a little bit of feedback.

So, if you're interested, toss me an email at karyn@scarleteen.com with your board username, and I'll get you the password. It would be great to get 8-10 people participating, and I promise it won't eat up too much of your time. [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5752 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skiesofgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you want to limit the discussion to high school aged participants or would you be interested in input from university aged members as well?
Posts: 243 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The participants will be between ages 16 and 21, so I'd like to test it on the same age range.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5752 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to participate. I am 19 and in University, so if you have enough people who are still in high school I understand completely.

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 863 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

I'm not limiting numbers with this, and so far it's just you and skiesofgreen who are interested. [Smile]

--------------------

pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pocket_mouse_531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to participate, if it's not too late for me to jump in the game! I'm 19 and in university as well [Smile]
Posts: 205 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Awesome! I'll get it set up today then and we can start soon.

--------------------

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Double posting to say that it would be great to have two or three more people involved. If you're interested, leave a note here and I'll change your permissions to allow access to the area of the boards where this will be running.

--------------------

wonderingxo
Neophyte
Member # 109070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wonderingxo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am interested. [Smile]
Posts: 31 | From: Somewhere | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderingxo
Neophyte
Member # 109070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wonderingxo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 20 and in university as well. [Smile]
Posts: 31 | From: Somewhere | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Awesome. [Smile] Thank you so much!

--------------------

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

So with the direct service break coming up, I think it would make more sense to start this after the break is over. (I know, I'm slow...it's been a busy few weeks!) Hopefully that's okay with all of you; I really appreciate you volunteering to take part in this.

--------------------

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Welcome back! I've gone in and changed the permissions for the four of you, so you should now be able to access the test forum, which is here: http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/forum/f/53.html

It would be great if you could all pop in there and just post a reply to my first thread to let me know that you can access that area. If for some reason you cannot, please email me at karyn@scarleteen.com, and I'll let you know the password.

--------------------

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Is there anyone else who might be interested in taking part in this? It's gotten off to a very slow start and it would be fantastic to have another few people involved!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.