Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Headsup from Heather

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Headsup from Heather
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, everyone.

I have been having a health crisis and illness since Monday that, unfortunately, doesn't look to let up anytime in the very near future, or bring any answers about what exactly is going on with me anytime soon. (The super-serious stuff has been ruled out, so no need for anyone to get too concerned nor to worry.)

So, for anyone waiting specifically on me, or wanting to talk with me particularly, I'm afraid you may be waiting a while, especially if you are asking for anything that is either challenging or something where you simply have already been served by me considerably already. The former because whatever is going on with me and a medication they have me using doesn't render me particularly bright, the latter because with so little energy and time I can actually be productive, I need to use my time as well as possible. I am also in the midst of some backend development work and focused work on sustaining the organization, so those need be my primary areas of focus for the time being.

As you have no doubt noticed, our staff and volunteers have been doing an amazing job covering things in our direct services while I am so unavailable, so not only am I certain anyone else can serve you very well, if you can also be sure and toss some extra gratitude their way, that would be fantastic and, I'd say, is certainly warranted.

Thanks to anyone and everyone for your patience.

[ 11-09-2013, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather I hope you are feeling better soon! Take care of yourself and take it easy.

All the best.

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 859 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbow_1234
Neophyte
Member # 107531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rainbow_1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hope you feel better soon [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 19 | From: . | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Definitive PoMo Username
Neophyte
Member # 108740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Definitive PoMo Username     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending you hugs.
Posts: 31 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MusicNerd
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MusicNerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get plenty of rest and get well soon, Heather!

--------------------
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

Posts: 269 | From: a galaxy far, far away... | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BreakingSilence
Activist
Member # 38098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BreakingSilence     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather! Sorry to hear about your illness. You are in my thoughts. My heart goes out to you. Get well soon [Smile]

--------------------
Sometimes the only thing we can do is accept what we have no control over.

Posts: 313 | From: :) | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for the well-wishes, all of you. They are very much appreciated. [Smile]

I have slowly been on the mend over here, so things are certainly looking up.

[ 11-13-2013, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.