Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Heather Back: Want My Attention?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heather Back: Want My Attention?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, folks. [Smile] I'm shifting back into the direct services after a little time off, and I want to make sure no one gets lost in the shuffle.

If you've a post or conversation that were hanging before the board break that you want me to step back into, or have a new post you want my feedback with, can you drop me a line here? I think it's more likely I'll be sure to catch everyone that way than if I try and weave my way back through the posts myself.

Thanks!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68208 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Heather! I hope you had a great break. [Smile]

I'd really love your feedback on my new post if that's okay, I got really upset today.

It's not a mental disorder, hells no.

[ 11-08-2011, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: patrickvienna ]

--------------------
“In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I don’t know what I am. I don’t know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragonflies
Activist
Member # 85135

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dragonflies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Heather. Welcome back [Smile]

I'd really like further feedback on my post from before the board break when you get time.

First Relationship Problems

Thanks!

Posts: 57 | From: US | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loneranger
Activist
Member # 78998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loneranger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
umm hi heather [Smile] ...i had posted something under sexual politics, was not really sure where i should post it, i just had got it by mail .. So i dont know how true the existance of such clinics...but if they are , just wanted more ppl to sign the petition.thanks.

--------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;

Posts: 94 | From: Hyderabad | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure where to put this, but in the article:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/why_does_getting_fingered_feel_better_than_sex

There is a "lies" instead of "likes" in the paragraph:

"So. You have some preferences, like most people do..."

Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers for that! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68208 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragonflies
Activist
Member # 85135

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dragonflies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Heather...Could you please remove my topic that I posted over in Relationships.

I told my ex to use this site for help like I said and instead he found our conversation, printed it out and now wants to show it to his parents so they can "help us find a solution."

I'm really upset that he printed conversations that I specifically told him I wanted to keep private (I get they're on the internet, but I wasn't planning on showing them to his parents or mine or anyone else). I don't want my conversations being printed out again. Could someone help me out please?

Posts: 57 | From: US | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Of course.

And UGH. I'm so sorry that he continues to behave this way.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Dragonflies
Activist
Member # 85135

Thanks Heather, I really appreciate it.
Heather
Member # 3

By the way, we do have a passworded, private area for users who want to keep talking about something where it is vital their privacy is totally respected. We tend to use that rarely, but have used it mostly for users who have had it violated by someone else.

So, if you've an interest in that, we can move it to that area for you (it's in our staff-only locked area now) and email you the password.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Dragonflies
Activist
Member # 85135

That would be nice. I feel like I'm a little in shock now because he did not even seem to understand why that was a breach of privacy or how it could hurt me.
Heather
Member # 3

Let me get that set up then, shortly. I think it'd be a good idea to talk about that, and I've no doubt you could use some more support around it.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

breath
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi heather--im dropping a note to say that ill get on the Find a Doc database after mid-dec/finals.hope that's OK.

thanks!

Posts: 347 | From: US | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather, would you be able to reply to the last two posts in the YAY! forum, fish for a compliment thread? I think loneranger especially would love a good compliment. [Smile]
Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Heather. [Smile]

I know that it's been one year since this thread was posted in, but I just wanted your advice on a thread I was thinking of starting, and I don't know where else I could ask you regarding this.

It seems to me, after reading several entries, that there are quite a few folks at Scarleteen who might benefit from a thread that deals exclusively with the struggles experienced as a result of attempting to reconcile religious beliefs and sexuality/gender identity, because questions relating to the Bible, etc., have been posed more than once. Would that be inappropriate or potentially offensive to some of Scarleteen's users?

I know that you have already posted an article regarding the Bible and sexuality/gender identity, but I feel that it might be beneficial for some posters to express their experiences on this topic, as it is currently debated hotly among religious, especially Christian groups, and folks of queer sexuality can find it especially hard to find support depending on the religious community that they're in. This is true for both myself and for many of my religious friends who are also queer. This is because, whereas some communities are extremely tolerant, others can be extremely discriminatory and close-minded.

I'd love to hear from you regarding this. [Smile]

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Sorry I missed this, SansNom.

In general, while Scarleteen is a secular site, we're totally okay with people discussing different religions and issues with sexuality and religion.

All we ask is that anyone having those kinds of discussions aim to do so in a way that respects the wide range of religions, spiritual belief systems and lack of either in the community, and that people don't claim to speak for the whole of a religion or its g-d (when we're talking theism) or talk about any of this in a way that is...well, judgy. [Smile]

I appreciate you asking! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks a lot for the reply, Heather. [Smile]

I will go ahead and start it, then, and I will be sure to clearly outline the guidelines for discussion as you pointed out to me. [Smile]

I hope that there won't be any issues with this, as religion is a very sensitive topic.

If I happen to miss something, please feel free to put it in for me. [Smile]

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.