Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Heather out sick

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Heather out sick
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, all.

So, the long story short is that I'm afraid I picked up a pretty serious illness (whooping cough) over the last couple of weeks. Combined with some prexisting health issues, it's pretty much tanked me, and the low blood pressure dip the whole works has caused, as well as the medication for the whooping cough has me basically totaled. Alas, it appears on top of wiping me out and leaving me unable to stop coughing, all of this also has made my brain awfully slow, and I need to be really careful about any stessors, too.

I'll be working things out with the volunteers here in the next day so we can make sure everything here keeps flowing as smoothly as possible while I recuperate, but if anyone is waiting on me, specifically, for something, or to continue a conversation, I'm afraid it looks like I'll be out of commission for another couple days at least with most things.

I'm sorry for that, but it seems it just can't be avoided.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please do take a good rest, Heather, and take care of yourself.

Please don't stress. Your health is the priority!

I'm sending a virtual hug over to you. [Smile]
My best wishes, as well!

Sincerely

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear (well, read) that Heather. I hope you have a speedy recovery and I hope that you're as comfortable as possible until recovered.

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
set me free
Neophyte
Member # 95215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for set me free     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no!
I hope you are feeling well and are on your way to a speedy recovery by now!

Illnesses are a terrible thing.

Posts: 3 | From: alaska | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for the well-wishes, y'all. [Smile]

I am FINALLY getting my brain and some modicum of energy back, so I'll be able to get back to the boards here tomorrow. Will have to be here less than usual for a little while so I don't overdo it, but I'll be back around shortly.

And everyone should basically go around and put gold stars all over all the volunteers (just watch it with the eyes): they've all been amazing while I've been so useless.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Super glad to hear that you're starting to feel better Heather!

And I second the gold stars for the volunteers, they've all been amazing!

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Heather & everyone. I've been gone for a couple of years from the site, but I would like to get back into helping a bit around here (if that's okay!)

When I was volunteering before, I remember we had some protocols to follow when answering questions, but I assume that some of that has changed in the time I've been gone. Anyone have a link to any changes that we made/what we are doing now?

Thanks. [Smile]

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Kayla, how great to see you! A lot has changed in terms of the systems we have now for volunteer communication, so why don't you drop me an email and I'll get you all set up!

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, a big carry-on-getting-well to Heather, and remember to take it easy for a while [Smile]

Second, Heather, when you feel able, would you look in on peachie764 on the Relationships board and Helen439 on the Abuse board? I think I've been alright to chat to, but that both would benefit from more solid practical advice than I've got.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Cheers, Redskies, and thanks for letting me know about those outstanding discussions. Getting caught back up has been tough! I'll be sure to check in on those tomorrow, though I'm sure you've been fantastic as always. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's fantastic to hear that you're starting to feel better, Heather! [Smile]

Lots of hugs coming your way!

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go Heather! [Smile]
Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.