Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » New to the site.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New to the site.
KWil
Neophyte
Member # 39812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KWil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, I'm completely new to the site. I've looked around. Read a lot of things. Liked it. So I registered. And a few days ago, I did the whole Ask A Question thing and it said my question was sent...Is there any way for me to know if my question is answered? Will something notify me and let me know it has been answered?

--------------------
K.

Posts: 4 | From: US | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you mean at Sexpert Advice?

If so, and you left an email address to notify you at, we'll email that address. I also usually check first to see if someone is a registered user, and if so, use the contact form (that shoots to your email) to notify you of an answer.

Just FYI, though, we are currently VERY backed up. As in, over 60 pages of questions backed up and with very little staff available to answer those save myself and two other volunteers, so it may be a bit of a wait.

If your question is urgent, as noted on the input form, here at the boards is the better place to ask.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bellaaaaa
Neophyte
Member # 47511

Icon 4 posted      Profile for bellaaaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea how to use this site,or what I'm doing' but I'll just go along with my story. Ok,so I had sex with this guy and it was after my period was over. I am not taking any birt control stuff . When we had sex he didnt have a condom, he said he is really sure he didnt cumor precum, and he knew what he was doing . Since we did it without a condom he was inside me only for about 10 seconds or something . My period is always on different dates, and its late now by 9 days. BUT also, I went to Europe, and the climate is different, the time is different and everything . I got stomach cramps, my stomach swells up, my nipples hurt, like when my period is about to come. I wait, and wait but it doesnt come . I dont want to be a mom right now for SURE!

I dont know where or to whom this is going to but I just need an answer!

please!
~thanks, Anna .

Posts: 19 | From: America | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Scarleteen. [Smile] (In future, if you want to post a new topic, choose the section of the boards you think it would fit in best, and use the "new topic" button at the bottom left corner of each page.)

To answer your question: intercourse without any method of birth control does pose a pregnancy risk, although since your partner did not ejaculate, that risk is quite low. However, since your period is now late, you can take a pregnancy test and get an accurate result.

You've also had a high risk of STIs, so you'll want to schedule a full round of testing in about a month, and another one six months after that.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5775 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.