Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Thanks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thanks
Kaydee
Activist
Member # 41683

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Kaydee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Originally I came here shaken up by sexual abuse that endured terrified of men, confused as to what really happened to me, and wondering if I even had actually been abused. Really the only thing I wanted when I came here was more or less a legal definition of rape/sexual abuse so I could justify or else “get over” my overwhelming emotions that seemed so wrong at the time. However, I am happy to say that I found so much more here than I expected. The counseling I received here completely changed my outlook on the incident and got me off the destructive path of self blame, and allowed me to feel all the emotions that I needed to let out without guilt. Over almost two and a half years later I have healed, and I really credit it to Scarleteen. Without you I would most likely still be walking a destructive path.
I would also like to bring up the amount of help the articles on sexuality have been to me. Rape combined with other events in my life had left me thinking that sex was dirty, and shameful. Scarleteen is what changed that. There are many websites that can provide you information on what sex is about, how everything works, birth control methods, etc but hardly anything regarding all aspects of sexuality. The resources provided here have really enabled me to define my sexuality, and allow it to become a part of me that I am truly comfortable with.
I would really like to give a big hug to Heather and all the staff here at Scarleteen for everything that you guys do, you help so many people on regular basis. Thank you so much for your patience, time and commitment to Scarleteen’s cause.

Kaydee, formerly EscapetoLastYear

--------------------
- Kaydee

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. - Albert Einstein

Posts: 55 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kaydee, you just made my cry into my coffee. In the best possible way.

I am so, so glad you're feeling so much better overall, and can't express how happy I am we were able to help in that. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaydee
Activist
Member # 41683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaydee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] you guys are to often under appreciated

--------------------
- Kaydee

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. - Albert Einstein

Posts: 55 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I very much appreciate you both taking the time to say thanks as well as letting us know how well you're doing. It's the latter that really makes us feel good and so glad we can be here for all of you. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.