Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Needing help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Needing help
darkillusion
Neophyte
Member # 45221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkillusion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I will be honest in saying that I'm cool87. But please keep on reading before just deleting this thread.

What I want to ask you about is the permission of coming to this site again as a user. My reason for that is that I've changed since I've last left this site. I've made some major changes in my life which include reaching for in-person help once and for all which was something I was really reluctant to do. I'm now being followed in psychotherapy for a generalised anxiety disorder + depression as well, that I've been carrying and hiding for too long, in order to deal with my past issues which underline my anxiety disorder and depression. And I find that this helps one day at a time and I have to rely less and less on others and see my life being less affected that it was before.

But, I've also been diagnosed really recently, on top of everything else, with localised vulvodynia (vulvar vestibulitis) with secondary mild vaginismus due to the anticipation of the pain during any kind of vaginal entry. I've learn a great deal about those two conditions. I'm having problems though dealing with this and I know that I've always appreciated having your help in the past when dealing with issues. I'm asking about getting help again bur this time about a subject that really do directly concerns sexual health this time (which is one this site is dealing with if I'm not mistaken) and I think I could be of precious help to your team in coming up with new posts and new articles about vulvodynia, which is far more frequent that we might think of since a lot of cases go disdiagnosed, that'd be a pleasure and this is something that I master quite well from my point of view although effective treatments aren't quite clear yet. That really would be a pleasure to be able not only to get some help and support (and I do think that this is one of the best place on the net to get help concerning a sex issue, I truly deeply do) in addition to the one my therapist gives me, but also in order to be of some help to you guys because you've helped me so much in the past and I just want to give back.

So would you please take a moment and take what I've said into consideration. I think anyone deserve a second chance and I think it's my chance to correct any past mistake that I may have made. I've learned from them and won't be doing them again.

(And just so that I don't disrespect any other rule, I'll abstain from posting on this site up to other posts up until I get a reply to this thread.)

[ 01-02-2010, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: darkillusion ]

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, this kind of question is not something I feel comfortable discussing on the boards publicly. That is for reasons I am sure you know, including that discussing the whole of your history with us in public would not likely be something that you want.

I will see if any of the volunteers would be willing to address this via email with you, and if so, one of them will email you about it.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darkillusion
Neophyte
Member # 45221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkillusion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know and understand. I just wasn't aware of any other way to be heard than asking about it here since I did not get a response for the email and that was months ago.
Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a different email you sent regarding something else, and you have to know why it went unanswered. If in doubt, please review the agreement we made in the past regarding emails and my boundaries.

And again, please let this sit until/unless I can find another volunteer to address this with you via email. Please do not continue to keep posting.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.