Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Can my old account be deleted?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can my old account be deleted?
sarasota2
Neophyte
Member # 36117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarasota2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I haven't decided if I'll carry on here, but essentially I'm smileyjoseph. I've locked myself out of my old account somehow by changing the email address, so if you could either send the login details to the old email address (the same as the address on this account) or delete the account and all the posts as a matter of urgency, I'd be grateful.
Sorry for the dual account, I won't continue with two however this turns out.

Posts: 1 | From: a | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a matter of course, we do not generally delete accounts unless there is some serious, extenuating circumstance that makes it absolutely necessary (to preserve a user's physical safety, for example). Deleting an account and the associated posts causes a lot of confusion (things randomly missing in the middle of threads, for instance). If you feel that you are in a situation where you are in danger because of the information available here, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and provide as much info as possible. Heather will be happy to take a look and make a decision about what can be done.

I had the board interface send your password to the email address that is currently listed in the profile for the other account (the board only keeps track of the "current" email input by the user, not any previously used addresses). If you are concerned that email is incorrect, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom to send information about what the email addy is now, what it should be, and other pertinent information about the situation. So that should arrive for you shortly. If you have further trouble accessing that account, please let us know.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djuna
Activist
Member # 29269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your help... I guess on a level of my personal safety, I need the following topics deleted as far as that's OK, since I can't edit them now:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=001211
http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=008647
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=008664#000000
Hope that's OK.

--------------------
“In a strange room, before you are emptied for sleep, what are you. And when you are filled with sleep you never were. I don’t know what I am. I don’t know if I am or not... how often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”

Posts: 1269 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.