Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Scarleteen Volunteers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scarleteen Volunteers
The Happy Hermit
Activist
Member # 31886

Icon 5 posted      Profile for The Happy Hermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey
im just wondering
what are the qualifications, ages you need, and stuff u need to do to become a scarleteen volunteer?

i really like the stuff u guys do and when im old enough, would like to get into it somehow?

thankz

--------------------
(a.k.a. k'reisvelvtr)
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star!

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

...love?

Posts: 67 | From: CANADA AGAIN!!!! | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Generally, users are chosen by Heather to become volunteers based on being helpful to others, having a knack for effective communication, and demonstrating ability to use the site effectively by linking others to articles/similar posts. It goes without saying they should generally have a clean history, and we look for a bare minimum of 50 posts before considering someone. There is no age limit as long as a user demonstrates these abilities.

This is actually one of our more frequently asked questions in this section, and here are a few others that go into more specifics. [Smile]

http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000216
http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000057

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And seriously, as one of those posts says? If you want to help others, go for it! All that's special about volunteer status is being able to answer questions in the Ask ST section, keeping the boards free of bad stuff, and linking articles/posts and writing blogs for the main site. We would be a LOT more swamped if we didn't have awesome users who help each other and us on the boards, and oftentimes they're the first in line when we talk about new team members. [Smile]
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Happy Hermit
Activist
Member # 31886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Happy Hermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
coolioz

i dont think i really need to be a volunteer
ill just stick to helpin people
and if i get picked
itll just be a side benefit [Big Grin]

--------------------
(a.k.a. k'reisvelvtr)
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star!

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

...love?

Posts: 67 | From: CANADA AGAIN!!!! | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.