Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » 20 Questions With.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 20 Questions With.....
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all, just taking a monent to ask for some input from you.

You might have seen the 20 Questions piece on Virginity on the site that we did with Hanne a while back, as it's turned out to be a very popular piece.

That given, I've been working on making a series out of these 20 Questions pieces, and right now, am working on 20 Questions with the wonderful Abigail Garner (author of Families Like Mine, a phenomenal book about gay, lesbian or bisexual parents/families), and about to start on another with Candice Kelsey, author of Generation MySpace, about how teens can deal with how online life can impact their identity, relationships and sexuality.

I have a few more maybe's in the pipe right now as well, but I thought I'd ask who any of YOU would be interested in us doing a 20 Questions with? I obviously can't make any promises, since it's influenced by who I can make contact with and who is interested in doing it, but I'd be totally up to giving a try to who you'd like to hear from.

Subjects should have something to do with the subjects we address here: sexuality, youth rights, reproductive rights, sexual health, relationships, body image, etc.

So, if you've got an idea, let me know! I'd love to be choosing people you're very interested in. Thanks!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think hearing from Shelley Rabinovitch would be really cool. I don't know how well known she is, but she was my Intro to Women's Studies prof last semester. She was so extremely interesting. A lot of the things we talked about in that class are things dicussed here.

She was Ottawa's first woman radio announcer in the 80s, and is a sexual assault survivor. There's a little blurb on her on the bottom of this page: http://www.jersvision.org/english/services/youthspeakers.php

That was probably pretty random, but I think she'd be really interesting.

[Smile]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mmkay, just throwing this out there... but how about a 20 Questions with YOU, Heather? I don't know how the other ones work - if you come up with the questions, for instance - but maybe make a thread for forum users to post their questions, and then pick the best 20 to answer?

Just a thought. [Smile]

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(ooh, I like that idea [Smile] )

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Hey Blysse: if I can get in contact with her and she wants to do it, perhaps YOU would like to do that piece?)

And I can do 20 Questions with me: that's no problem. Maybe just start a new thread here for it and invite other users to input questions?

Either we could do it so I could pick and choose, or have it first-come first-served, what have you. Up to you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Heather, that would be really cool, and I would be really interested in doing the piece. I've never done an interview before though, and I have no idea what kind of questions I would ask her. If you get in touch with her, and she's interested, I'll probably need some guidance (if that's ok).

Thanks for thinking of me for this [Smile]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.