Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » resources for Mz. S/Heather

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: resources for Mz. S/Heather
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Heather! Just thought I'd drop a note here too, just in case. I'm looking up the resources you asked me for, and a soon-to-be sexologist friend of mine recommended a few books for me. I just wanted to make sure; you are interested in books too right? And there was one in particular that I wanted to ask you if you'd be interested in. It's called "Sexuality and Catholicism". I know there are lots of questions as to whether sexual activities are morally ok. Should I check it out? If you want, I could read through some of these and give you book reports. Let me know [Smile]

P.S: was looking through Google for websites, and was appalled at one pediatritian site that stated that masturbation is a passing phase. -sigh-

P.P.S: I hope its ok if I put this up here. If it's not, feel free to delete this.

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's fine to have this here, Nailo.

In fact, we might even want to make clear to users that what we're looking for are spanish-language sexuality resources, and they might know of some, too!

(Hint.)

But yeah: books would also be awesome to have in the list. No need for book reports, but if in skimming, something strikes your fancy, go ahead and jot it down.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just in case; how many resources do you need? I was aiming for 5 books and 5 websites, but if you need more, let me know [Smile] . Almost done! ^^
Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

(Hi! Hoping not to be too blunt, but it's been about a month. When will I hear back from you?).

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Emailing you now, Nailo.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Sorry to bother you...but almost a month and a half has passed since you said you'd write back next week and I haven't heard from you at all again. [Frown]

What's going on?

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Heather
Member # 3

Nailo: sorry, and sorry not to get to this until now. I'm in the crazy mad-paced process of going through all the copyedits for the book, so I'm not here at all this week.

I'll be emailing you at the beginning of next week when this is turned back in after deadline.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

(Psst... did you get my email?).

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.