Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Put me to use

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Put me to use
adamc
Neophyte
Member # 32628

Icon 10 posted      Profile for adamc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all, I just joined this site and i would like to identify myself. My name is adam, i am 20 and am just finishing a social work degree. I work at childrens aid as a case worker and deal with sexual education every single day. If there is anything you need me to adress or any job you need me to fill i would be more then happy to assist you.

thanks,

Adam C

Posts: 1 | From: Toronto Ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing to do is just be a member of our community. [Smile] Really.

Make thoughtful posts, follow our guidelines, and contribute positively, and that is what will get you noticed. If you don't know the answer to a question, let someone else who does answer it. If you feel you know, take a crack at it. Don't get argumentative when someone corrects you (because even us, the staff, need to be corrected sometimes [Smile] ). Research things before posting for technical questions, and be prepared to cite sources if it happens to differ from what we know. Things change, new discoveries are made and advances made in sexual health, and we totally want to be aware of it. Posting your resources, too, helps us and the boards as a whole.

If you can do that, then you'll do fine here. More specific to your question, staff are chosen by Heather for their ability to provide good, honest answers to posters, have a good head on their shoulders, and do so consistently. The more technical aspect of that is that you must have at least fifty posts under your belt before you can be considered for a position as a moderator here.

We look forward to having you around!

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.