Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Research Questionaire

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Research Questionaire
Pillow Thief
Neophyte
Member # 32453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pillow Thief     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am conducting research for a fictional novel I am writing about High School age kids and what life is like for them. I am 23 years old and am willing to admit that high school has probably changed quite a bit in the 5 years since I was there. I want my story to be as accurate as possible, and so I was hoping that I could survey your posters about their experiences. Below is a list of questions that I would like to ask. If this type of thing goes against your site policies or if you object to any of the questions I will completely understand. I know many of the readers here are young and most of these questions are very personal. Also, if you could read over my questions just to make sure that my wording hasn’t inadvertently excluded anyone that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so very much for your help and consideration!

Pillow Thief, future famous writer [Smile]

Survey Questions

How old are you?:

Are you male or female?:

What is your sexual orientation?:

How old were you when you got your first kiss?:

How do you define virginity?:

Have you ever given/received manual stimulation ("hand jobs")?

If so, how old were you the first time?:

Have you ever given/received oral sex?:

If so, how old were you the first time?:

Have you ever had penetration intercourse?:

If so, how old were you when you had intercourse the first time?:

If so, where did you have intercourse the first time?:

Do you normally only hook up with a steady significant other, or have you had one night stands/friends with benefits/"What happens at the party stays at the party" episodes?:

Have you ever had an alcoholic beverage?:

Do you drink regularly?:

If so, where did you get the alcohol?:

Have you ever done drugs?:

If so, what?:

How old were you?:

Describe a typical party that you and your friends have/attend?(Are parents usually home? Where do you tell your parents you are going when you go to these parties? What kinds of activities are there? Are there sex games? Is there any drinking/drugs?):

Have you ever gotten pregnant/gotten someone else pregnant?:

Do you know anyone who got pregnant while still in high school (or younger)?:

Have you ever had an abortion?:

Do you know anyone who has?:

Have you ever seriously considered committing suicide?:

Have you ever tried?:

Have you ever cut up your arms/legs or done anything else to purposely harm, but not kill, yourself?:

Have you ever snuck out of your house?:

If so, do you do it a lot?:

Have you ever failed a class?:

Have you failed more than 5?:

Have you ever fallen asleep in class?:

Do you sleep in class more than once a week or in more than one class a day?:

Do you pass notes in class?:

If so, what kind of notes do you pass?:

Would you read a book about these kinds of topics?( You can answer truthfully, it wont hurt my feelings either way):

If not, what do you/would you like to read about?:

Is there anything else I should know about being a teenager that I haven’t already asked?:

Posts: 5 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Pillow Thief, any surveys or questionaires need to be cleared with the board owner, Heather, before they can be posted and before anyone can respond to them.

Your questionaire may not be a problem, but there are a few questions that way be questionable - it is against the Guidelines that all our users agree to when registering to discuss illegal activity, including underage drinking and drug use.

You can contact Heather here: boardmama@scarleteen.com

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pillow Thief
Neophyte
Member # 32453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pillow Thief     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I assumed that it would need to be approved, thats what I was attempting to do. Thanks for the email address I'll try that. [Smile]
Posts: 5 | From: Southern California | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pillow Thief
Neophyte
Member # 32453

[ 01-28-2007, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Pillow Thief ]

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.