Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » why are some of my post sometimes left unanswered ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why are some of my post sometimes left unanswered ?
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering something. I posted yesterday a post and it got no answers yet. I know I have to be patient but it seems like I won't get an answer since all the other posts after mine has been answered and not mine. Why ?

I don't think this was a complicated post no one is able to answer. Plus, I made sure to search through the site for answers about it too. I got some infos about what I was looking for but I was still confused after that so that's why I decided to ask.(maybe you thought I didn't made enough of a search before about it)

I know I could make a search on the net about it but sometimes this is far more faster asking here and I'm sure I'll get an accurate answer to it too.

So I am just wondering I guess what happened ?
(I am really not mad or anything, just wondering)

[ 01-07-2007, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We don't guarantee ANY specific time amount for anyone's posts to be answered within, cool. Generally, we try to triage with posts, and answer the most vital or time-sensitive posts first, and from there, volunteers simply answer the posts they feel most capable of answering individually. And sometimes, due to the sheer volume of posts on the boards, some posts get lost in the shuffle.

This isn't one set of standards applied to you and applied to no one else.

And I think we can agree that you have a history of asking a LOT of questions and getting a LOT of answers and attention here over the time you've been here, no?

So, like anyone else, sometimes you need to just be patient, and if you can't, then look elsewhere for answers for that given thing.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really not mad about it Heather. Really.

I was just wondering. Just thought maybe you guys were tired of my posting. [Smile]

I know I ask a lot of questions. I am really not a shelfish person, far from that, so I really understand that it's more important to answer other people's posts that cover more important issues or post from users who don't ask as many questions as me or new user's posts. I totally understand. And I know most of my posts don't deal with urgent matters so.

And yeah, I get a lot of attention here, I realize that and I really appreciate it a lot. I already said it once but I'm gonna thank you all again : you and the other volunteers who helped me. I strongly appreciate it.

And thanks for your answer again. [Smile]

[ 01-07-2007, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.