Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Praise Scarleteen!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Praise Scarleteen!
sillygirl182
Activist
Member # 2273

Icon 12 posted      Profile for sillygirl182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"In life you simply have to accept that if no one is complaining you are doing a good job..." --Unknown

This is a quote that I have DEPISED for my entire life (well since I've known it). I'm a firm believer in thanking and praising those who have helped you in life, learning, and growing.

When I found scarleteen it was bliss: a place with informed, non-judegemental sexual health experts who could assist me in making my first sexual experience as 'right' (for me) as possible. Safe--both physically and emotionally.

So I thought this could be a place for everyone to share what is the GREATEST THING you have learned from scraleteen? AND how have you helped others (ie: friends during girl/guy chats) with your new found safe-sex info?? Perhaps these stories will provide:
a) A recap of valuable information on the site and...
b) thank people for all their hard work, advice, and time!

So let's start!

Silly Girl

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong thread... I put it here because we're discussing the sexual health and basics we have learned from scarleteen!

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillygirl182
Activist
Member # 2273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillygirl182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I guess I should start shouldn't I??

The greatest things I have taken away from scarleteen that have really stuck with me --for one reason or another (in a nutshell )
- just because you want sex, doesn't mean you are ready for it.
- always pee before and after sex just so things stay healthy.
- There are other WONDERFUL alternative to menstrual pads
- Discharge is normal and I wasn't the 'only one' (no one ever talked to me about it before!)

So THANK YOU! for educating me and making me aware of my body!

Silly Girl

Posts: 61 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenni
Activist
Member # 6560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd just like to express my gratefulness regarding all of the information about pregnancy on this site, specifically the "risk factor" chart. After being educated by this site regarding pregnancy (it sure didn't happen in health class), I find myself repeatedly shocked by how much other teens don't know about it. There are SO MANY myths about how someone can or can't get pregnant, or how to even "abort" a possible pregnancy, that it's no wonder there are so many teen pregnancies.

Plus, I have picked up a lot of information regarding general health. Plus plus, I have become a little more knowledgable about how to go about giving advice after reading the forums.

There's more, but I don't really have time to continue. Keep up the good work, this is the only site like this I know of and it is INVALUABLE.

Posts: 43 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the praise, gal. we love you, too. i'll send this to Staff Stuff

------------------
Be the doctor your parents always wanted you to marry.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pix
Activist
Member # 13496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really admire the time and effort you guys put into this site. it is truly amazing!
and also having to put up with so many questions which have been previously answered. i honestly don't know how you do it. i usually just get fed up if i have to respond to different people if they didn't hear me the first time, but you guys have an excellent system, and i think this site runs great!

Posts: 109 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glam
Activist
Member # 14117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huzzah for Scarleteen!

My boyfriend brought up the topic of having sex [referring to intercourse here ] tonight and we had a good long talk about both of our feelings on the subject, the various risks involved, birth control, why we wanted to, etc. This won't be the last time we discuss this [after all, since he's in college we have at least another month till we see each other again] but tonight was a pretty decent beginning, I think.

I explained a lot of things to him and felt pretty comfortable discussing the topic after some initial embarassment on both our parts. I felt very informed, too. Thanks, Scarleteen

Posts: 59 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann2002
Activist
Member # 10090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shann2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo for Scarleteen!!!!!!!!!

I know that you guys do this in your free time so it much appreciated that you take the time from your busy schedules to help others.

You guys are here for us from "first period" to "first sexual encounter" to "I lost my virginity" to "OH MY GOD! AM I PREGNANT!" You guys are the ultimate cure against sexual ignorance!

Oh and an extra shout out to the scarleteen mother hen Miz Scarlet! Years of work and you are still going strong! You Go Girl!

~*Shann*~

Posts: 127 | From: Da Dirty South | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SugarNspice6939
Neophyte
Member # 16825

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SugarNspice6939     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This site has helped me in so many ways. All my questions were answered from "How do I know if I'm ready for intercourse or not?" to "What is that thing he keeps hitting when we have manual sex?" This website is very informative and straight forward and I would never even think of going to a different webpage for my questions on sex or my body. You guys/gals even cover relationships!.. This place is the best place to go for teens when they need a 411 on just about anything in their confusing teen life. I love this site so much and I think every teen should be aware that it's out there. I mean, How much publicity do you guys really get? If I hadn't have used google then I would have probably never known about it. I think you all deserve to be getting some kind of award or something. You've helped thousands on teens, including me, and I just want to say THANKS!
Posts: 11 | From: Norman,Oklahoma,United States | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.