Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » this is the best

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: this is the best
emily strange
Neophyte
Member # 13476

Icon 10 posted      Profile for emily strange     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh mny goodness,
i just found this site, and it's soooooooooo great!
a refreshing change from all those sites run by 50 yr old women who have no idea what they're even talking about!

and i swear to god, heather corrinna, you have such a healthy outlook on sex and from what i've read of your articles, so did your parents.
you NEED to reproduce for the good of our society! people like you need to breed so that our world isn't overrun with narrow minded snobs like it is today!
loving it, keep up the great work,
emily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posts: 12 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, we're glad you like the site (and you have a great username, by the way) .

But I do have to point out that some 50-year-old women have a very good idea of what they're talking about when it comes to sex.

And, you know, people can affect the lives of huge numbers of people other than their biological children - as Heather does through this site. So I'm not sure why you think she's morally obliged to "breed" - that's up to her, I would imagine ...

(Although I admit it might be kind of cool if we could clone her ).

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 06-17-2003).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emily strange
Neophyte
Member # 13476

Icon 12 posted      Profile for emily strange     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok ok! quit arguing!
haha!
the whole 50 yr ols woman thing wasn't an insult at 50 yr ols, i was just trying to make a point, my poin tbeing that, have u seen the sex ed sites there r 4 teens?
there r about 2, and there bth run by ppl who have obvnever had an orgasm, or if they have, they think it's a sin.
well, glad u like the name,
em xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posts: 12 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love your username, and thanks!
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, thanks.

I wouldn't mind having a kid or two one of these days, but I don't feel I *have* to do it. And I do feel like I've got quite a few already, some days. On the other hand, if you'd like to make it more likely to happen, you can always donate to Scarleteen. After all, until I can swing some health insurance or adoption fees, it's not something feasible for me.

Btw, not only will I, too, be over 50 someday (I'm as closeto 50, after all, as I am to 16), there are a LOT of amazing sex experts over 50. Joani Blank, Betty Dodson, Annie Sprinkle, the works. And most of them know VERY well what they're talking about, and without them paving the way, sex writers like myself wouldn't likely be here at all.

(The ideas of cloning me is a lot more scary than cloning goats, I have to say.)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather, if They cloned, say, five of you, it doesn't mean you'd be one-fifth as stressed; it means you'd be working five times as hard.
Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emily strange
Neophyte
Member # 13476

Icon 4 posted      Profile for emily strange     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, i'm english, u probaby don't get my humour,
i didn't mean 'death to all 50 year olds', i simply was trying to make a point, so thats one thing, and another, i was trying to force heather 2 have kids, she shouldn't feel PRESSSURED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, thats my point made then, emily xxxxx
and i would love to rite 4 this site sum day, how cud i?

Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, enough of us are British, or are familiar enough with the culture for the humour not to be a total shock. We can't, however, necessarily know you've got your tongue in your cheek from words alone.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, DNFTF

Ask me, I won't say no, how could I?

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.