Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Response to teenybopper102

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Response to teenybopper102
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this doesn't directly pertain to a staff issue, but the thread started by "teenybopper102" was just closed and I wanted to post my response, figuring "Chris" might read it. I'm sorry if this is the wrong space for it but I wanted to vent...

------------------------------------------------------------------
How disrespectful, deceitful and plain wrong that was-- an abuse of your internet privileges (speaking of which, lying online can lead to blocked access, etc.) Rape is NOT a joke and I just can't think of enough words to (actually I can but can't write them) to say to you right now. What you did was a slap in the face to anyone who has been raped or sexually abused. Scarleteen staff and volunteers, as well as just random members and readers like me, were really worried about you and spent a great deal of time trying to help you. You know, this site isn't free, either, so what you did was a waste of money as well as diverted attention to real people with serious problems. If you don't realize the seriousness of your offense (and it doesn't seem like you have or will), you (and whoever "dared" you) have some major issues to deal with, buddy...

------------------
"Tear up the cloak of indifference that you have wrapped around your hearts! Make up your minds before it is too late!" ~Sophie Scholl

[This message has been edited by Ecofem (edited 06-19-2003).]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ecofem, while it's lovely to see users showing support of Scarleteen, and while I(and other advocates and sexperts) feel that this was a horrible disrespect and a cruel "joke", we do not like to see other users put down or flame other usesr, even if their intentions are good.
It is up to advocates and sexperts to dish out a telling off if needed.

We thank you for your concern, but this isn't appropriate.

Bek.

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry for misusing the site. I didn't mean it in a put down or flaming way (I think my phrasing made it sound personally insulting which wasn't my aim.) I had intended for my reply to show the poster that there were many others disturbed by her/his actions, but now, after rereading the guidelines, I realize it was an inappropriate response. (I apologize also for posting a reply to the persons most recent issue as I had not read this yet.) I won't do it again and thanks for letting me know.

[This message has been edited by Ecofem (edited 06-19-2003).]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might find this "Support Groups" thread useful:

When they're not who they say they are.

This sort of thing is upsetting for all of us, but the administrators are dealing with it.

And it's generally a good idea to avoid "flaming" someone like this, however justified it may feel, because some "pranksters" of this sort actually find it rewarding to get the extra attention.

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 06-19-2003).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.