Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Parents, Adults and Teens » My Boyfriends Mom Wont Let Us Have A Normal Relationship!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Boyfriends Mom Wont Let Us Have A Normal Relationship!
justamby427
Neophyte
Member # 38988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justamby427     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am seventeen years old and my boyfriend is sixteen turning seventeen. I met him online and me and my mom were going to go meet him and his mom who lived 45 mins away but my moms hip is bad and she couldnt move the day we were suppossed to be out there. So his mom accusses me of being a 40 year old perverted man and forbade me to call her son. This really hurt me, considering i was malested as a kid by a man who i sent to prison. but my boyfriend refused to listen to his mom and continued callin me and we met in secret twice. i finally ocnvinced him that telling his mom that we were together would be better for our relationship. but now that she knows, i think its worse. first she wont call my mom to meet us. then she says im trash and im 20 and shes never met me before. then she says he cant go anywhere with me until she meets me but she wont call to meet me. then she says she doesnt care what he does but he has to get a job so he can take me places then the next day she wants him to cut off all contact with me without telling me its over just 2 disappear out of my life without warnng but he wont. she wont give us a chance and then she verbally abuses him and he has also been physically abused before.

how can we help her see we need each other and allow us to be together?

--------------------
JustAmby427

Posts: 2 | From: california | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many of us have to deal with seemingly irrational parents or parents of partners at different times in our lives. I hope that, at least, you can see the concern that his mother has for her son. If I were someone contemplating meeting up with an online friend, I would be a bit wary of a seemingly random rain check, as well.

And really, when parents insist on intervening in that way, there is not much you can do. If his mother still refuses to speak with you or your mother or schedule a meeting, it's not too cool to meet in secret because those kinds of things fuel distrust, and no one wants that. However, if your boyfriend is being abused in his home, do urge him to seek help and get out of the situation.

For right now, I don't see much that you can do besides continue your relations online. Maybe when things die down a bit, his mother will become more reasonable.

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.