Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help
friendinneed
Neophyte
Member # 110062

Icon 9 posted      Profile for friendinneed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

This is my first time writing. I am 17 and with my bf for a year or so and we didn't have sex or make sexual contact. However we do mess around and recently I don't know if he managed to somehow *** on me. He made a bit of a mess but I don't think it could have contacted me in anyway, unless he had something on him before he finished and touched me.

The worst though, is that my period is a month overdue. I have the usual PMS symptoms but I feel bloated as well and I experience cramps, both of which I never really felt before. Could I be pregnant??? Is it possible that these symptoms are here because I worry? I have not taken a test. I'm freaking out. please help. Thank you.

Lind - B.K

Posts: 5 | From: BK | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
techie
Activist
Member # 61437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for techie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you don't mind that I'm not staff, but hopefully I can be helpful!

If your period is already late, then you can take a pregnancy test and that will tell you for certain whether or not you are.

However, 'messing around' is a pretty vague descriptor, so this thread here http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002611.html should educate you on whether or not what you did with your boyfriend actually had any kind of risk.

If it's any comfort, stress can affect when periods arrive/PMS symptoms.

(My edit was just to fix the link - you're welcome [Razz] -Redskies)

[ 04-14-2014, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Redskies ]

Posts: 160 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
friendinneed
Neophyte
Member # 110062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for friendinneed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Well I'd say I had barely any risk unless by some way he managed to hit me when he came, which I doubt happened cus he was facing the other way. I wouldn't be concerned if it wasn't that my period was so late actually. Would it be possible to be so late and still just a scare? I might get tested if I still don't get it by the end of this week, but it's just really stuck in my mind.
Posts: 5 | From: BK | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
techie
Activist
Member # 61437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for techie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is definitely possible to have your period that late and just be a scare - there are some people who lose their periods for consecutive months due to high levels of stress, so it's definitely not a case of "x weeks late, must be pregnant".

If you continue to not have periods, it's probably something you'll want to bring up with your healthcare provider, but pregnancy is really not a likely scenario here if your boyfriend came facing an entirely different direction to you. Hope that helps!

Posts: 160 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
friendinneed
Neophyte
Member # 110062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for friendinneed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your help. I feel much better. Just to confirm, manual sex is not a viable risk right?
friendinneed
Neophyte
Member # 110062

I mean even if it is pertaining to precum?
techie
Activist
Member # 61437

Yep! Not a viable risk. Glad I could be of help, and that you're feeling better.
friendinneed
Neophyte
Member # 110062

Thank you very much for your advice! Feel much better. Thank you for your positive words. God bless and have a good day [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.