Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Pregnancy question :) thanks in advance

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy question :) thanks in advance
ativia2
Neophyte
Member # 109410

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ativia2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello [Smile]
Ive just joined the site and read many of your articles and i have also taken the time to read through both "Pregnancy risk question? READ THIS FIRST." and "Limits on Pregnancy Risk Questions"

Honestly, if i were hearing my own situation from an outside source i would dismiss it as a SUPER low chance of pregnancy, but because IM currently in the situation, i really would like to hear it from another source: AKA you helpful people [Smile]

I was curious about getting clarification on something. in " Pregnancy risk question? READ THIS FIRST." it was mentioned that "Having someone ejaculate ("come") on hands then immediately rub it on a vulva or put those semen-covered fingers right inside the vagina" was a low risk activity but "Rubbing a penis and a vagina directly together without using any method of birth control or any method properly, including condoms" was a possible risk activity.

I was wondering if someone could give me a super condensed version of the difference here. Why is it that rubbing the penis on a vagina is more of a risk than having fingers with cum on them rub the vagina?

sorry im being THAT person. I know this is kind of a "why" question but i cant really find my answer anywhere else. thanks in advance. [Smile]

**extra info that you dont NEED to read**
My boyfriend came (cummed? [Confused] ) in his boxers and shortly after (without our knowledge at the time) i sat atop him (both naked) and rubbed my vagina on his (potentially cum covered) penis. Ive read that after cum has hit the air, the semen die. not sure if thats true or not. While i did not rub the head of the penis on my vagina(only the shaft) nor was there any penetration, my concern lies in this:
after he had cum in his pants and it sortof "spread about" on the tip and shaft of the penis , i proceeded to rub my vagina on it, where do i stand?

Again, thanks a ton. I really hate to be bothering because this is probably a stupid question and i apologise. Any response would be appreciated.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because the opening of the penis, where semen comes from, directly, is in direct contact with the vaginal opening.

That difference means that sperm cells are being directly deposited, not moved around from place to place, like penis to hand to vulva, which squishes sperm cells up so most will not be able to do jack, and also takes away much of the seminal fluid they need to both keep swimming to the cervix and also to counteract the acidic nature of the vagina. The opening of the penis against or very directly near the opening of the vagina also means that the propulsion of an ejaculation is present to help sperm cells move upwards into the vagina, which also is part of how pregnancy happens, when it does.

Talking about "hitting air" is never sound because air = oxygen, and our whole bodies, and all our cells, including sperm cells, are full of oxygen. Oxygen is not a problem.

If people, or you, have been directly rubbing genitals together without clothing on, then yes, we are looking at both possible pregnancy and STI risks. If no one ejaculated, though, while that was happening, what you can soundly do is figure withdrawal was used, and properly, as a method of contraception and you will have had what that can offer per protection in perfect use.

That all clear things up for you?

[ 01-21-2014, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ativia2
Neophyte
Member # 109410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ativia2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That really cleared that up for me. Im sorry for adding to the extreme overflow of pregnancy questions here! But thanks a bunch! Heather, you are a very kind, knowledgable and respectful person. [Smile] This site is very unique. Filled with positive, supportive and helpful people. [Smile] <3 thanks again!
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome, and thanks for the lovely compliments!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.