Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Am I pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I pregnant?
kel17
Neophyte
Member # 108918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kel17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll keep it short. I'm 18. I had sex 27 days ago, 4 days before my period was due. I am on birth control but I do not take it at the same time every day. My partner used a condom and did not ejaculate. For the past week or so I have experienced bloating, breast soreness, extra gas, tingling on my nipples and a very slight change in the shade of my areolas. My period is not due again for 6 more days. I have taken three pregnancy tests, all negative. Although I don't think that they would be effective yet since I have not missed a period. Any thoughts?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kel17
Neophyte
Member # 108918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kel17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also mild cramps in my pelvic area and a very brief sharp pain near my cervix today. Slight pinkish breakthrough bleeding 2 separate days about 4 days apart. All of these symptoms began about 16 days after the intercourse.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skiesofgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really the only reliable pregnancy symptom is a missed period. Something you have not had. On top of that you were using multiple forms of contraception and have had multiple negative pregnancy tests. Pregnancy tests are reliable either 14 days after the incident or after a missed period, which ever comes first. If you'd like to double check for the brand you used the packaging (or their website) should make that clear for you.

However I would like to stress that having used in effect three methods of contraception (the pill, withdrawal and a condom) the chance of pregnancy is about as low as it gets when having intercourse. For some perspective here are the effectiveness rates when pairing different forms of birth control:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/reproduction/the_buddy_system_effectiveness_rates_for_backing_up_your_birth_control_with_a_s

Posts: 245 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kel17
Neophyte
Member # 108918

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.