Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » am i pregnant please help anyone???? please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: am i pregnant please help anyone???? please
Neophyte
Member # 109031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 222     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was on mycrogynon but stoped taking it wen i got to the brown pills, the day i finished the white pills i had unprotected sex i had my with drawal bleed 2 days later it usually lasts for 5 days but this time it lated for 10 days with some clots, during my withdrawl bleed i had unprotected sex again should ahve been on the 6th day of bleeding. i was supposed to start my next packect of mycrogynon on the 8th day after the placebo pills but i did not because i didnt have my insurance, a day after my bleeding stoped i had unprotected sex again, i did not start my next packet of mycrogynon, what are the chances of me being pregnant please help? it is possible that i can still be protected taking into account i never started my next packet and had unprotected sex & days after i was supposed to start my next packet.

--------------------
Coco

Posts: 1 | From: zambua | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you had been taking the pills as directed, then you should have been protected all the way through your withdrawal week. It is also doubtful that your protection dropped dramatically on the first day of the new pack - I'd say that we could count that as a missed pill, since that is essentially what it was at that point, which means that you should still have had typical effectiveness rates at that point.

Now for any unprotected sex that happened after that, all bets are off - we cannot make any predictions, save to say that you could not rely on the pill anymore and it is likely that you had a pregnancy risk.

If it has been more than 2 weeks since then, you can take a pregnancy test to find out if you are pregnant.

And in the future, it is always a good idea to back up with condoms if you are not sure you can rely on the pill alone.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.