Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » pregnant without knowing??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnant without knowing??
atop
Neophyte
Member # 108499

Icon 4 posted      Profile for atop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey is it possible for someone to be pregnant for 3 months and not know about it if there were little to no signs of pregnancy..and having completely normal periods..??!
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpe Diem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, may I ask why you are asking this perticular question? Does it relate to a possible pregnancy risk that pertains to you?

Either way, it is not possible for someone to have menstural periods and be pregnant.

[ 09-20-2013, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Carpe Diem ]

--------------------
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain."
-Joseph Campbell

Posts: 210 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atop
Neophyte
Member # 108499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
umm yes..i heard from someone that its possible to be preggo and still have periods..i didnt actually have intercourse..dis guy was fingering but later said he might have had semen in his hands..about 3 months back..i forgot about it when i had my periods but hearing this freaked me out again
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpe Diem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gotcha, I'm glad to tell you that there is no need to freak out whatsoever, since manual sex is just not a way that people get pregnant, kay?

There are a lot of stories on the Internet, but when it comes right down to it, it is not possible to be pregnant and still have periods.

Regardless, since you didn't engage in a situation that may pose pregnancy, it isn't something you need to worry about. [Smile]

--------------------
-Joseph Campbell

Posts: 210 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atop
Neophyte
Member # 108499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
phew..!!thanks a lot....really a load off my mind..yaay [Smile]
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

[Smile] glad you feel relieved

--------------------
-Joseph Campbell

scared_and_alone98
Activist
Member # 108467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared_and_alone98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can get spotting during pregnancy which my seem like a period to someone when its something that has to deal with the pregnancy.

--------------------
hurt

Posts: 44 | From: U.S | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is actually false. While it is possible to have irregular bleeding during a pregnancy, it is very unlikely for this bleeding to resemble a period.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scared_and_alone98
Activist
Member # 108467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared_and_alone98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's not what I said. If someone doesn't know they are pregnant they could mistake it as a period especially if they have a history of irregular periods

--------------------
hurt

Posts: 44 | From: U.S | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kea94
Neophyte
Member # 108759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kea94     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you missed a depo shot is it possible to be pregnant?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In order for any method of contraception to be effective, it has to be sued and used properly. So, if someone was using depo, but didn't get their next shot, they should figure they are no longer using depo, and thus, won't have the protection it offers.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.