Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Very scared!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very scared!
hay776532ley
Neophyte
Member # 108418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hay776532ley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! Im 18 & I had protected sex 12 days ago (Aug. 24) and this week Im supposed to get my period (Im sometimes irregular) and Ive been breaking out the past few days and last evening, I started to feel cramps and I put a tampon in just in case I got it, and when I took it out, there was a little blood. It was bright red. Today, it was more brown and Im feeling very emotional today. Im kind of freaking out. Is this possibly implantation bleeding?! Or my period? Can someone please put my mind at ease and tell me if its probably my period or ib. I also am sort of bloated.

I haven't had any other pregnancy symptoms at all. Im not tired, no tender breasts, no nausea, im able to eat whatever, no constipation, no sore back, nothing.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Generally, if you're experiencing bleeding when you expect your period, there's no reason to expect that it's anything but a period. Implantation bleeding isn't very common, and it generally doesn't look like a period.

However, we can't tell you if you are pregnant or not; only a pregnancy test can do that.

You say this was protected sex; I'm wondering what kind of protection you used and how comfortable you feel with that birth control method and with having intercourse right now at all, if you're this worried afterwards.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hay776532ley
Neophyte
Member # 108418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hay776532ley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for double posting and thank you so much for replying. We used a condom. Usually Im fine with using condoms. I wasnt worrying until I told my mom that I had sex with him & she asked me like 50 times if I was pregnant. I also had an anxiety disorder but I stopped taking medication 2 years ago because I grew out of it. As long as having sex goes, I am probably going to be put on birth control for the future. I also tend to worry alot so Im hoping that if anything, im not pregnant and im just worrying.

I told my mom today that Ive been freaking out if I was pregnant and she doesnt think i am. If i dont get my period by the end of next week, I will take a test.

I believe the condom didnt break, but im not positive. I am still very nervous.

Im sorry for asking so much but I dont really have anyone to talk to about this without being judged. and my mom just left for wisconsin till tomorrow night so im just hoping you guys on here can help put my mind at ease.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.