Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Not normal discharge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not normal discharge
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Kathryn2425     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! So for the past few weeks I've been getting this discharge that literally looks like clumpy boogers, and it doesn't look anything like ovulation discharge. I'm not sexually active so I know that it can't be an STD but I even tried using yeast infection medicine and it still looks the same. What could the reason for this discharge be and is it a cause for concern? I haven't ovulated yet this month although my period is due in 5 days and I'm wondering of it means that something is wrong....please help!
Posts: 118 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you have some kind of infection. The best thing to do is to see a doctor and have them take a look.

We usually recommend not trying to self-medicate if you are not sure a yeast infection is what you have. If you do not have a yeast infection, using those kinds of cremes may wind up making things worse, not better.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathryn2425     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay thanks. Do you think that this is what is also postponing my period? Can certain infections do that?
Posts: 118 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kathryn,

Any changes in the bod--such as a change in sleeping patterns, minor illness, and so on--can disrupt the menstrual cycle.

Do you have a healthcare provider you can see about that discharge?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathryn2425     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No not at the moment actually
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm reading, in your post at the top, you saying your period is due in five days, so I'm confused about you asking about it being postponed?

Do you need help finding a healthcare provider? If so, we can help you do that.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

It's being postponed because I keep track of my discharges and basal body temperature and I haven't ovulated yet. And that would be great if you could please help me find a health care provider:)
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how you chart your ovulation, but if you don't do it with daily cervical mucus and basal temps, you probably can't have a good idea about that, ever.

Per healthcare, can you fill us in on where you're at (country, then state, province or general area) and what kind of, if any, healthcare system you're part of, like having private insurance, or being in the system per national or public health?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

(But also, I hear you saying your period is NOT late, because you are not even expecting it yet, so.)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.