Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » pregnancy and intimate manual sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy and intimate manual sex
feelin'afraid
Neophyte
Member # 108082

Icon 4 posted      Profile for feelin'afraid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I realise you guys are flooded with questions from pregnancy scared teens. I have read a lot of the questions here already and all your pregnancy articles. I just really want advice on my specific question. I am a 17 year old female, my bf came over last night and things got heated. We have never had sex, but I started to give him a HJ and possibly got precum on my hands, a little bit later i touched myself and he touched me too. We weren't wearing clothes but there was no penis-vagina contact at all. A little later, when i was wearing clothes again he ejaculated. He did not touch me again. I am on day 6 of my menstural cycle.I literally stopped bleeding today. Please give me an idea of the chances of my being pregnant? I have read many articles about this but am nervous and need reassurance and advice, should i try and take plan b? I live in a foregin country and worry about the availability of the pill.
Much, much appreciated.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelin'afraid
Neophyte
Member # 108082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelin'afraid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by 'the pill' i meant the morning after pill, not oral contraception. You need a prescription here and i actually think you have to be 18 to purchase it. If this question is too common, and you will not be answering it, please acknowledge that so I can seek guidance elsewhere. I would rather be safe than sorry. Thank-you, please reply as soon as your are able.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Feelin'afraid and welcome to scarleteen,

We have a lot of materials on our main site about what is and isn't a pregnancy risk. have you read through any of them?

A few of these articles are:

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/how_do_you_avoid_getting_pregnant_after_giving_a_handjob_or_oral_sex

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelin'afraid
Neophyte
Member # 108082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelin'afraid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi Robin,
I realise it must be really frustrating for you guys to answer (almost) the question over and over again, but I think teens in this situation tend to psyche themselves out and need someone with an expert opinion to help them out. I've read this article but am a little confused because it states that you will not become preganant from manual sex 'if one of you is wearing clothes'. I realise i am probably being too literal about this, but because it was so intimate, and he did touch me quite soon after he got the pre cum on his hands, it might not have been dry, the possibility may be different? Sorry again.

feelin'afraid
Neophyte
Member # 108082

Also I read on your site that manual sex does not pose risks if there is 'no fresh semen'. Is this a similar thing? I'm pretty sure precum is different but i think i'm confused over the terms.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi feelin'afraid,

There are only certain ways that a person can get pregnant, so while I do understand you feeling confused, I can assure you that if the ways you're describing were at all likely to lead to pregnancy, we would say so in our articles.

pre-ejaculate is the fluid that comes out of the penis prior to ejaculation. Again, we'd specify if the risks of pregnancy were different with pre-ejaculate than with semen/ejaculate.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelin'afraid
Neophyte
Member # 108082

Thanks a lot for your time...it was kind of a sleepless night and this helped a lot.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're welcome.

--------------------
Robin

feelin'afraid
Neophyte
Member # 108082

Sorry Robin, one last question? genital rubbing with underwear on? How risky is that?
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi feelin'afraid,

For the answer to that I'd refer you to the article Robin shared with you and the section on frottage/dry-sex:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/can_i_get_pregnant_or_get_or_pass_on_an_sti_from_that

I hope that helps!

Posts: 681 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelin'afraid
Neophyte
Member # 108082

It does help, but please, my original question was can precum get you pregnant from fingering, is that at all possible? You say if someone has semen on their hands, it is possible to maybe get pregnant from fingering? But you also say that this is unlikely to cause pregnancy? So I'm a bit confused.
Thanks, apologies for wasting your time.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we are talking about semen, NOT pre-ejaculate, and someone had a handful of it, freshly ejaculated unto their hand, then rubbed it directly on someone's vulva?

Then there *may* be a risk of pregnancy. But even then, it'd likely be very small, since indirect transfer like that is just not conducive to the process of fertilization.

But at this point, if you are still worried, then the next step is really on you, per taking a pregnancy test, since you're asking about something that you already chose to do, rather than about how to do something in the future, okay?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67925 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelin'afraid
Neophyte
Member # 108082

I was talking about pre-ejaculate. Thanks for your help, I may take plan b just in case, I know the chances are small...but I really can't take any, hence not having sex. At least I learnt this way. Thank-you again!
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you need any help moving forward with things like talking to your partner about stepping back with these kinds of sex, or how to otherwise make choices you feel better about?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67925 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelin'afraid
Neophyte
Member # 108082

No not really, I'm happy with the choices I've made because i've learnt a lot and I don't regret any of the things i've done, just needed to be more aware.
The fear and paranoia I was feeling came from this being the first ever (maybe, tiny, probably not even possible) pregnancy scare i've ever had. My culture means i can't have an abortion, and I just have really really big dreams for my life, which don't include getting pregnant at 17. The way i see it pregnancy really isn't very likely in our situation, so i will consider if i truly need plan b for the next 24-hours.

Thanks for your help, this site has been a life-saver the past year for making informed choices, I will be introducing it to my juniors during sex-ed day at school next year. Such a real help with things no one ever wants to talk about.

Heather
Member # 3

You got it, just figured I'd offer. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

feelin'afraid
Neophyte
Member # 108082

[Smile]
Heather
Member # 3

I do just want to leave a brief note about this:

quote:
I realise it must be really frustrating for you guys to answer (almost) the question over and over again, but I think teens in this situation tend to psyche themselves out and need someone with an expert opinion to help them out.
The thing, is, what others may need doesn't cancel out our own limits and boundaries. Not only do we serve more youth with these issues than nearly any other organization online, and with fewer help and funding than most, even if those things weren't the case, we're still people here, not machines, and we still get to have limits. We also still need to manage all we need to do in a day, and to do that, we need to have and set limits. To do that well, we need people to respect the limits we set, and understand that sometimes their own needs or level of need just isn't going to be something we can help them with to the degree they might like, okay?

Plus, one thing we know is that in many of these situations, our opinions or facts we give actually don't help much at a certain point. In other words, when no one is accepting or believing the facts we give already in our content so clearly, having talks with the same people who write that content often -- not always, but often -- tends to be nonproductive for everyone.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

m1531
Activist
Member # 108322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m1531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My gf had her periods on the 18th of July...in that cycle she had 40 days...she usually has 32-36 day cycles...on the 17th of August i masturbated in the morning...i had cleaned up myself...then a couple of hours later she gave me a BJ...while removing the penis from the underwear i might have touched my penis...i then touched her a** and a** crack maybe her anus...i am not sure if i touched her *****...again after sometime i masturbated and again i removed my penis from my underwear and i had touched my penis...i went on to touch her a** crack & anus again...not sure whether i touched her *****..!!! She is having some crampings but no periods...can she be pregnant..?? Plz help we are really worried
Plzzzzzzzzz... We havent had any sex and i dont know if there was any c*** on my hand...
Plzz help... Am really worried

Posts: 88 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi M1531,

We ask that people create their own topic thread when asking a question. You can do that by clicking on the "post new topic" link at the top of any forum page.

Thanks.

--------------------
Robin

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi m1531,

Can you please start your own thread with this question? Just click the "new topic" button at the top or bottom of the page. That helps us keep everyone's questions separate; it's a lot easier on us. Thanks!

Also, this article explains what is and isn't a pregnancy risk: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

Posts: 1315 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.