Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Worried I could be pregnant ?? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Worried I could be pregnant ??
Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Ultraviolet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I'm really worried, basically a few weeks back nearly for this Thursdays my boyfriend rubbed he's penis on my bum it wasn't near my bum entrace it was right near the top between my cheeks. This latest a minute and I got extreamly worried after. This happened (11th of July)

He didnt ejaculate, their wasnt any form of penetration and he's penis never touched or went near my vagina , I'm worried about the pre cum that may have been at the top of my bum when he was rubbing?

Could I get pregnant from this?

Also three days later, I got brown bleeding for a week with no real flow it wasn't anything like my period and my period and only finished two weeks before this bleeding occurred.
(14th of July this happened )

My periods are a little messed up they come every four week or every six weeks. My period last month was 6 weeks so going by that it's going to be this weeks the 9th of this month. So two weeks before my due period ( if it comes at the 9th) I had white discharge it was sticky and I was finding wet in undies and lasted a week? Was that me ovulating?

Please help me I'm literally so scared right now [Frown]

Posts: 83 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ultraviolet and welcome to Scarleteen,

have you yet seen our article on how pregnancy can and can't happen? Here it is.

Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

The thing with periods is that even when they seem like they're on a schedule, they can change for any reason. The hormones and chemicals in our bodies are complex, and any little change can make a period come at a time when it's not expected or look a way it doesn't usually look.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultraviolet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I looked on their I couldn't see anything about my situation. I've heard loads of things can chance my periods I'm just completely freaking out about the whole situation [Frown]
Posts: 83 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultraviolet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also the bleeding I had didnt resemble my period at all sometimes i didn't even need a pad it would start up and go it wash only when I wiped expect for many 10mins one time a more noticeable amount of blood occurred which had a dark brown red tint but again I'm normally heavy so I freaked out.

So in my situation is their any chance of pregnancy occuring

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, what you described does not pose a risk of pregnancy. I think taking another look in that article at how pregnancy *can* happen will help you figure out how your own situation fits into the bigger picture. [Smile]

Brown blood is usually an indication of it being older blood. if this continues to concern you, or if you get a period you find strange again, you can consult with a healthcare provider.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

Thank you so much for your help, truly I know giving your advice I shouldn't be pregnant. But to put my mind at ease I wanna take pregnancy test at four and 6 weeks since this happened with my boyfriend. I've heard test are accurate by then and by two weeks. So I shouldn't get any false results right?

Also I never can 'pee' on the stick.. So I wanna going to use a lid of some sort but if I go into any pharmacy would they have containers to give maybe so I know nothing will effect the results? Although I'm sure I'm not pregnant aswell I'm just a worrier.

Also due to this and being sexually active, I want to go on BC and as my period are a little irrgular I guess do you think pills will be the best option?

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tests can be considered accurate after 2 weeks after the risk, yes -- although waiting at least 3 weeks makes them even more likely. As with all things, although they are extremely reliable, there is usually a very small risk of the test showing a false result -- due to a faulty test, or a user error. Taking two tests and getting the same result both times greatly reduces the likelihood of the results being false. We have a page on home pregnancy tests here: Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

And you can also talk to your doctor, or someone at a walk-in clinic, if you want to know more about pregnancy tests and how reliable they are.

As for doing something other than urinating directly onto the stick, the pregnancy tests will often include a manual that instructs you on how to get the most accurate results and they often include instructions on testing using methods other than directly peeing onto it. And if you are still worried, you can talk to a doctor about that, as well [Smile]

In terms of which contraceptive method is best for you, we can't really have any idea about that, as each person is different -- practicality, affordability, reliability, etc all comes into play, so it's really a decision people have to make for themselves. We do have a handy-dandy guide to help you figure out which birth control method is best for you, though! [Smile]
Birth Control Bingo!

I hope that helps!

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

Thankyou for your help you have both been entirely helpful and put my mind at ease alot, thank you again [Smile]
Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

Hi again, I keep looking at the am I pregnant article thing where you told me to look, and I'm guessing mine would come under anal sex even though I didnt actually have sex but that still says theirs a low risk of pregnancy?

So I'm a little confused? As to whether I have some sort of chance to still get pregnant?

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi There,

No, what you described wouldn't count as anal sex, since your boyfriend's penis (or any other part of his body from the sounds of it) did not come into contact with your anus.

Does that clear up your confusion?

--------------------
Robin

Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

Yeah it does.. I was just looking on their and I can't find where else what we did would fit into.

The only other one I can think of is DRY FROTTAGE OR DRY SEX
Rubbing your genitals together while clothed, in this case, without direct genital-to-genital intercourse or any possible fluid sharing because of clothing?

I know we wasn't wearing clothing but I know that are genital didnt touch?

Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

I'm just freaked out, because loads of sites say different things.

Some people say even with genital contact it's highly unlikely you get pregnant as no penetration occurred is that even true?

Also I've been told that the vagina, somehow kills sperm with as it fights of bacteria?

So anyway is their any chance at all pre cum would drip down and sperm would get to the vagina from the top of your bum where it all sort of starts?

skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skiesofgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're right that nothing in the article directly describes your situation, however the category for petting may be most apt, as really what you're doing is rubbing two body parts together without genital contact.

And that lack of genital contact is what's key here. Him rubbing is penis against your butt cheeck has no more pregnancy risk than rubbing it against your back because, either way, no direct genital contact was involved.

Keep in mind that scarleteen is in the business of helping people avoid pregnancy when that's something they want to do, and they would be very clear if things like pre cum sliding down your buttocks could make a difference (which, it doesn't).

As for the risk of genital contact without penetration why don't you try looking at the article and see if you can assess the risk (perhaps look at the entries for frottage/tribbage, semen and vaginal fluid sharing, and intercourse and compare the risk levels).

Posts: 245 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

So basically from what your saying even if pre c u m did slid down my bum their is really no chance of pregnancy still? I honestly didnt feel anything, and I know for the time he was their their wouldn't have been alot of it.

You see when I mentioned that bleeding before? I didn't mention the consistency at first it was like brown when I wiped at one point it went really thick and brown almost black looking? Then it went to brown with red? Have you had anyone who has experienced this before or know what it may be?

Also since I've posted on here last few days I've had my tummy aching a bit of back aching and very little white discharge.. Could this be my period coming?

skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skiesofgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also when you say loads of sites say different things what kind of sites are you using? Are you using sites operated by educated individuals who can be trusted to give accurate information? Places like planned parenthood, etc.? Because information from those sorts of site should not be conflicting.
Posts: 245 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

One of the sites where the nhs. Website that say like hand to vagina can cause pregnancy ?
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Yes that is what I was saying.

As for the bleeding there's really no way we could know what that was about. Sometimes our bodies do things we don't expect, like light periods or spotting and there's no way we could know exactly why that is. If you continue to have bleeding that's unusual for you it may be worth consulting with a healthcare provider, but as it stands this doesn't seem to be anything to be concerned about.

The same goes for an aching tummy. Could be pre-menstrual symptoms, could also just be an aching tummy. Unfortunately we aren't psychic. [Smile]

Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

Truly thank you for you help, you've been so much more helpful than othersites you really have [Smile]

Also Thankyou for explain things in more detail most sites just give you an answer and you don't even know how they got to the conclusion!

Thankyou again you've been a huge help [Big Grin]

skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Was the information from the nhs conflicting with what we've told you?

What sort of websites were telling you that you could get pregnant from someone's hand in your vagina?

skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

You're welcome. [Smile]
Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

This is was nhs website said

sperm get into your vagina, for example, if you or your partner have semen or pre-ejaculate on your fingers and touch your vagina
your partner ejaculates near your vagina
your partner’s erect penis comes into contact with your body near your vagina

So obviously my bum is body near my vagina so I was really concerned and worried

Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

Also it wasn't on my but cheeks it was more I between them but still at the top? Does that make any difference weather it was between them or on them? Or is the risk still the same?
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Near your vagina (while the nhs isn't clear and probably should be) most likely refers to your vulva or anus, i.e. your genitals. Places like your buttocks would not be considered near. (Keep in mind that your vagina is only the canal inside your body, the exterior genitals around it are referred to as your vulva).

I'm slightly concerned that they say pre-ejaculate on your fingers can lead to pregnancy (I assume this is a matter of technicality for them and would point out that even they qualify it by being extremely unlikely) however scarleteen would take it a step further and simply say that that is NOT how pregnancy happens. Because it sincerely isn't.

[ 08-07-2013, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: skiesofgreen ]

skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

No that does not make a difference in our risk assessment.
Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

But when me and my boyfriend did what we did the best place I can explain the pre cum would have been would be at the top the bum like theirs skin between the cheeks.

That's exactly where it was, it wasnt on my cheeks but between them? I know he never put it on my anus, but it's just the pre c u m dripping.

Also you see when you said the anus if near ( even if their was pre cum on the anus what are the chances then? Really high or just risen a little?

skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

The information you just stated does not change my risk assessment.

Why don't you refer back to the article and see if you can come up with an answer to your last question.

Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

Thank you for you help I also just looked on planned parenthood their information is basically saying what your saying [Smile] thankyou for your help!
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

You're welcome. [Smile]
Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

Hi I took a test today it came out negative I used clear blue, I used my first pee of the day and it's been 4weeks and 1 day since what happened with my boyfriend! That should be accurate right? [Smile]
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

So long as you followed the instructions printed on the package the test came in, you can expect accurate results.

--------------------
Robin

Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

I followed instructions, results came up within seconds. Would I have to re test or should this result be fine?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can't know the specific instructions for your test. They should tell you about the timing of results, and are what you should refer to for that answer.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

I know you can't see the instructions or tell me for sure if I followed them probably but in my situation with what happene and the weird bleeding I experienced I can't be sure if tht was my period or not and my period are irrgular normally every 4-6 weeks?

So with it being 4 weeks and 1 day from what happened providing I done the test correctly would the result I hve been accurate

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi Ultraviolet,

i'm not really sure what you think the bleeding could have been if it wasn't your period. [Smile] No one's periods are going to be exactly the same throughout their years of having a menstrual cycle, and if your periods are irregular to begin with, I see no reason why what you experienced couldn't have been your period. [Smile]

We've already given you the materials we have about pregnancy risks, and discussed this with you at length, and we really need for you to be able to make your own evaluation based on those materials and those discussions.

--------------------
Robin

Ultraviolet
Activist
Member # 108166

I only doubt it because my period was coming every 4 weeks and then sometimes came every 6 but I've never had it 2 weeks after the other. And the bleeding was just totally unormal for me.

From you sayin before no risk in pregnancy and now a negative result I should satisfied.

But I know you can't be sure on the bleeding but you think that may have been my period?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.