Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Period is 5 days late, please help.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period is 5 days late, please help.
Zmdrng
Neophyte
Member # 108221

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Zmdrng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend and I put the condom on wrong in the dark on August 2, and we quickly fixed it after a second. Precum may have touched the tip, but as far as my understanding, there is no sperm in precum after urination as the acidity kills any sperm left over from a previous ejaculation and flushes it out. My period was due the following week. I still haven't gotten my period, and everyone is telling me it is most likely because i stressed myself over what has happened. I am showing no pregnancy symptoms at all, except last night i did feel cramps in my lower abdomen, such as those that i get before starting my period, but i woke up this morning and it hasn't arrived. Can someone please tell me what is happening?

[ 08-11-2013, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Zmdrng ]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Zmdrng,

If he had urinated, you're right, the likelihood of there being sperm in the precum is drastically reduced. That said, it is sort of guesswork. We don't know for 100% certainty what was in your boyfriend's precum.

At the same time 5 days variation in your period however isn't completely abnormal. Some times a person's period simply might not come one month; it can happen.

Most likely you're not pregnant, but unfortunately to be certain you'll need to wait a little longer to see if your period comes or take a pregnancy test when you've left enough time since the sex you had as per the instructions (probably in 5 days; 14 days since the sex).

I hope that helps!

[ 08-11-2013, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Jacob at Scarleteen ]

Posts: 681 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.