Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » :( possible pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: :( possible pregnancy
Lozzie
Neophyte
Member # 108246

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Lozzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I had sex on the 30th of july and 2nd of august, it was protected (male condom which didn't split). And today I received what I believe to be my period today due on time but my flow is light and the blood seems to be watery red blood (sorry for TMI, could it be implantation blood?). I've taken 2 pregnancy tests and both came back as negative! Do I have anything to worry about? [Confused] [Frown]

[ 08-13-2013, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Lozzie ]

Posts: 21 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lozzie, and welcome to Scarleteen.

Just so you know, implantation bleeding isn't common, and if bleeding does happen in early pregnancy, it's not likely to look like a period (even a light one) or come when a period's expected.

It sounds like you took the pregnancy tests a little early; generally it's recommended that you take them a minimum of 14 days after the risk. You can read more about pregnancy tests here: Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

If you like, you could wait a few days and then test again. But since you got your period, that's a pretty good sign that you are not pregnant.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lozzie
Neophyte
Member # 108246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lozzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya, thanks a lot for your help. Well I got told to take the test on the first day of a missed period and I was meant to come on yesterday so did them yesterday but came on what seems to be my period.

May I ask what implantation blood appears like as even thought my blood is lighter red colour its flow still seems like a period

Posts: 21 | From: Birmingham | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lozzie
Neophyte
Member # 108246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lozzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Help
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please don't bump threads, especially after just a few minutes; we can't guarantee we'll answer any thread within a certain time period as we have limited staff and lots of users, both here and on our other direct services, to help.

We have many articles on the site and posts on the board that mention implantation bleeding (which is not even a term that doctors use; it's something you'll almost exclusively see on places that don't have a lot of accurate information or are full of user-generated content); how about you do a search for that phrase and see what comes up? We've answered questions like this many times on the board before, and you'll find your answer there.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lozzie
Neophyte
Member # 108246

So sorry, just very stressed to find out answer and have read Implantations articles on here but didn't help as much.
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Here's a recent thread discussion the idea of implantation bleeding and what it looks like.

It's also mentioned here: Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

Since you saw this blood when you expected your period, that's probably what it is. Variation in how light or heavy menstrual flow is, or the lightness or darkness of the blood, is normal.

Right now, if you don't feel comfortable with the results of your initial tests, you can take another soon. But since you used condoms that stayed intact, you were pretty well protected in the first place.

How confident are you in terms of using condoms properly, or in relying on them as your sole form of birth control? Are you interested in investigating other forms of birth control so you can double up and feel more secure?

Lozzie
Neophyte
Member # 108246

I will take another test at the end of this week to double check, but I'm pretty content that its my period.

And I am going to get the pill tomorrow as double control

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

That sounds like a great plan.

I moved it to the locked area, but in the future, please don't start a second thread with the same question as one you've already posted, ok?

Lozzie
Neophyte
Member # 108246

It was a problem with my Internet connection it was the first post I sent but it said there was a problem so sent this thread but obviously both ended up publishing. It wasn't intentional!!

Thanks for all your help!

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

No problem! You're welcome. =)

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.