Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » And what should I expect?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: And what should I expect?
Bri brown
Neophyte
Member # 107771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bri brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so, last month on the 19th I just got off my period and then had unprotected sex, used pullout method and just incase took plan b, and got my period a week later. Which was about 3 weeks early, which happened because I took plan b and it's a normal side affect. Now, I haven't shown any sign of early prego symptoms at all, but I've been urinating a little but more than usual. I took a prego test 22 days after sex, it came out negative. My question is, when should I expect to get my next period since that pill is very strong and can mess you up?

--------------------
help

Posts: 22 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Bri,

I'm not sure. I'm guessing that if your cycle has been effected by the plan b then it would effect you in a unique way which wouldn't be the same for everyone.

So perhaps you'll just have to wait and see. It may be that your cycle has shifted, or it may be that this one was an anomaly.

Sorry not to have an exact answer!

-Jacob

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bri brown
Neophyte
Member # 107771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bri brown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or could I still be prego? The preg test turns out my friend bought it from doller tree.Ugh. But I followed the directive ions, and I've had no implantation bleeding.

--------------------
help

Posts: 22 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bri, if you're not comfortable with the test you took I can only recommend you try a different one. But I couldn't really say much about the accuracy of the test based on the shop it was bought for.

If the box says FDA approved and provides information to check that, even googling the manufacturer to know it's legit would be enough for me. An unreliable pregnancy test would be a very reckless thing for any shop to sell.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bri brown
Neophyte
Member # 107771

Yeah it seems to be legit, I've read it's accurate and I hope it is Setting aside the fact of the pregnancy year, it doesn't seem as ifI am? I don't think there's any way I can go but another one. But getting my period next is my main worry.

--------------------
help

Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard to know when you will get your next period, simply because everybody reacts differently to the pill, and there is simply no way any of us here could tell you when either. Your best bet is smply to take care of your body--eat well, exercise, get enough sleep, and your body will do the rest in terms of getting itself regulated again. That is simply the nature of emergency contraceptives, and if you aren't comfortable with dealing with the consequences of taking it, consider it an admonishment against engaging in the same risks in the future until you are.

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 234 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bri brown
Neophyte
Member # 107771

Should I still be worried about being pregnat?

--------------------
help

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is not a question we can or will answer for you. you need to make your own decisions on that based on the information we've given you and the discussions we've already had with you.

That is, we've already given you the information you need to figure this out for yourself. [Smile]

[ 07-21-2013, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.