Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Condom rolled up during second time...Pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condom rolled up during second time...Pregnant?
paranoidchick42
Neophyte
Member # 108095

Icon 9 posted      Profile for paranoidchick42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry for adding to the overpopulation of pregnancy risks, but I really just can't get my mind to rest any other way, especially since I can't talk to my mom or my friends about this and I think I've driven my boyfriend up a wall with my worrying.

According to my tracker, I was fertile July 10th-16th, with ovulation being on the 15th. My boyfriend and I had sex twice in a row on July 11th. The first time was fine, we went to check the condom for leaks and there were none. He wiped himself off, but did not shower or use water to clean it. When he wasn't fully erect, we were in a rush and put the second condom on, but it kept slipping off. We stopped before either of us finished because we both got worried. Again we checked the condom and there were no leaks.

I am worried there might have been some sperm on his penis after the first time that got stuck inside the second condom and when it rolled up, those sperm may have gotten inside of me. We're both above averagely careful, so I think one of us would have noticed, but what if?

Do you think I'm at risk here?

I was supposed to start my period today, July 29th, but nothing yet. I have had PMS symptoms though.

[ 07-29-2013, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: paranoidchick42 ]

Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There really is no what-if here, because you had a condom on both times, and condoms contain the fluids from your boyfriends penis. The condom didn't slip off into your vagina, and it's that kind of slip that can cause a condom to fail.

Sperm cells can't do things by themselves: they just can't. Some of you seem to keep thinking about them like they were airborne viruses, but they are so not even remotely like that: they need the fluids they are ejaculated with, they are delicate as anything, and they are only one of many parts of the process of conception.

Also, unless that tracker asks you for cervical mucus or a basal temp every day? It can't validly predict ovulation, only your periods. I'd bet that tracker makes you have more anxiety, not less, so I'd say either learn to chart or get one that DOES ask for that needed info so you can have correct information -- and if you're going to use charting as a backup, you want to abstain from sex around your most fertile days, rather than engaging in it -- or know it can only help you predict periods and dismiss the ovulation info it claims to give you.

Sounds like moving forward, you would feel a lot better using a second method of birth control, so my best advice to you is to get yourself through this scare, while making a plan to look into that for sex from here on out.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.