Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » precum (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: precum
Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im on birthcontrol pills for my first month..ill take my last pill tonight at 11 pm so im expecting my period soon..on Friday me n bf we're fooling around so I gave him a bj and after a while he just put in in for like a minute just in and out for like 4 times.. so I told him to stop bcz no condoms were used..so we stopped and he didn't come out..now my question is I know precum wont get me pregs its a low possibility but is it even possible while on bc pills? just remember he didn't cum in me not at all but what about precum?
Posts: 66 | From: somewhere | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry theres a wrong sentence "so we stopped and he didn't cum in me"

--------------------
Miss S

Posts: 66 | From: somewhere | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Miss S,

The birth control pill doesn't provide 100% protection against pregnancy, so yes, it is still possible for someone to get pregnant while on the pill if they engage in the kinds of sexual activities that can lead to pregnancy.

here's some more information about the pill, including how effective it is.

Combined Oral Contraceptives (The Pill)

How do birth control pills really work, even during the placebo period?

Three questions about taking the birth control pill (and plenty of answers)

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

yes robin but we used the pull out method and the pill as a back up and it was really short..

--------------------
Miss S

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're asking me to tell you whether you did or didn't get pregnant from this. I really can't do that. No one can.

yes, the fact that there was no ejaculation does reduce the risk even further. The length of time someone has intercourse is not, however, known to impact whether pregnancy does or doesn't occur.

Were you able to read those articles about the pill? They'll give you a lot more information about its effectiveness so you can decide for yourself if its level of effectiveness works for you, or if you'd like to add another birth control method such as condoms.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

okay robin I will now but my question was does precum contain sperm? since he didn't cum in me in any way.. and it precum does contain a little amount of sperm doesn't be bc pill is supposed to stop it?

--------------------
Miss S

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

pre-ejaculate itself doesn't contain sperm. Sometimes it can pick up sperm from the urethra when it passes through, which is why intercourse without ejaculation can sometimes still lead to pregnancy.

how about you take a look through those articles to see how the birth control pill works at preventing pregnancy and how effective it has been found to do so? I think you'll find the answer to your questions here about the pill in those articles.

--------------------
Robin

Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

okay robin so I read them..im taking my pill on time everyday never missed any ..and never was late for the pill ..my last pill is tonight.. and we used the withdraw method perfectly.. so that means im safe right?

--------------------
Miss S

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Robin said above, there's no way for us to know with 100% certainty if you could be pregnant or not. We know that withdrawal plus perfect use of the pill makes it very unlikely that you'd become pregnant, but that's all we can say.
If you want to see just how unlikely, you can look it up in this article: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

Posts: 1316 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

After reading what u gave me dear I found out that im 99.8% safe since im a perfect user of bc pills its beenna month and im taking it right on tine and never skipped one..and we used the withdrawal method perfectly as well..I was just worried abt the precum but my bf told me that he flushed before putting it in ..so I know im safe
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

I'd like to check in with you about whether both you and your boyfriend are up-to-date on your STI testing, since the pill plus withdrawal, while highly effective at preventing pregnancy, does not offer any protection against STI (sexually transmitted infection) risks.

--------------------
Robin

Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

We're clean robin already tested ..plus we're not that active and we dnt have this no condom sex often..
Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

Just one more question..since I started yasmin of the first day of my period ..does that mean im protected after 3 weeks? At the paper that comes with the pill it says that if I start the pill on the first day of period then im protected immediately

--------------------
Miss S

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With a first day start, the advice usually given to patients is to use a backup method for the first week, and after that, so long as they keep taking all their pills on time, they can rely on the full amount of protection from pregnancy the pill can offer.

So, yes, by the time you had this intercourse, you should have had your pill's full effectiveness.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

And u think using the pull out method increased being safe or not?? Since no ejavulation happened inside me

--------------------
Miss S

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can see how much combining any two methods -- like the pill and withdrawal, or the pill and condoms -- increases your protection here: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

99.98 heather [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss S

Heather
Member # 3

Yup. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

Tht means im safe right?

--------------------
Miss S

Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

Means im safe right? Just needs to hear it lol

--------------------
Miss S

Heather
Member # 3

That means that in one full year of using those two combined methods, there is less than a 1% risk of pregnancy.

So, you can see that in one TIME of doing that, you're probably more likely to be struck by lightening or find $50 on the sidewalk than you are to have become pregnant. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

Hahahahhahahahaha I cant believe u said that hahaha u made my night heather [Razz] thank god Im safe...

--------------------
Miss S

Heather
Member # 3

Personally, I'm hoping it's the $50, not the lightening. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

Yh I hope that too:p so if I used to take my bc pill at 11 pm and i didnt take it today since its my pill free week when should my period honor me by coming?

--------------------
Miss S

Heather
Member # 3

Not a period psychic, so couldn't possibly know. [Big Grin]

It can take the body a few cycles to get on the schedule of the pill, so new pill users can have late or missed withdrawal bleeds/periods, or spotting, the works. Or not.

But once your body does get fully accustomed to it, most pill users have their withdrawal bleed start sometime during the placebo week.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

Ow okayy thank youu:D

--------------------
Miss S

Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

ok so today is day 4 of my pill free week..and yesterday and today im only having dark red and brown discharge when I wipe..is this normal ?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi Miss S,

It's not unusual to have a very light withdrawal bleed, even just spotting, or to miss a withdrawal bleed altogether, particularly within the first few months of starting on the birth control pill.

it's also not unusual for a withdrawal bleed to start with spotting and get heavier after a day or two.

When it comes to bodies, there's really no such thing as normal. [Smile] But what you're describing is well within the realm of what we'd expect to hear from someone taking the pill.

--------------------
Robin

Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Miss S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I got my period..I have some crapms but the bleeding is lighter then usual as u said and darker...but how to make sure its not implantation bleeding??
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Implantation bleeding is quite rare, and is just light spotting. Plus, you've had an incredibly small risk of pregnancy. With cramps and a couple of days of bleeding now, you can be sure that this is your withdrawal bleed.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5722 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

yes starting to get more heavy and bright red and the spotting started 2 days ago..so I guess yh that's my withdrawal bleeding ..cramps are hurting:( I just have a question though if implantation bleeding is that rare why is it that famous on the internet??
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really, really wish I had an answer to that question, but I just don't know. It does seem to be discussed a lot more in the last few years, but I haven't a clue why. (If you figure it out, let me know!)

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5722 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

There have been so, so very many internex hoaxes ("Blue Waffle" is a good example: there were thousands upon thousands of pages on that for a while, a vulval infection that did not ever actually exist, still doesn't), and there are also so many things that get talked about anecdotally on the internet that either aren't real, aren't as prevalent as they're talked about, or the way they're talked about is just plain wrong.

The internet is an unregulated space when it comes to facts, save sites where things are fact-checked. It is also largely made of user-generated content. So, there will always be things like this where it's not facts that lead, but people's panic or misinformation.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Miss S
Activist
Member # 107855

Well its givin me headaches heather:/ and I had bleedin startin like 4 days ago..and the last 3 days I used pads it was heavier than spotting but not that heavy..so im safe? Thia aint implantation bleeding?
Heather
Member # 3

There's no way I can possibly tell you the cause of your vaginal bleeding via an online post.

But what I can say is that pregnant people who take pregnancy tests get positive results. That test CAN tell you if you are pregnant, definitively.

So, if that's something you remain concerned about, and want a credible answer about, taking a test is the right next step.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.