Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » quick question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: quick question
shaundi
Neophyte
Member # 96708

Icon 5 posted      Profile for shaundi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently had a pregnancy scare and im still a little stressed. I didn't have sex just did stuff. I was just wondering if you can have 2 neg. Pregnancy tests and still be pregnant. I also got what i took for my period. I had pms and cramp everything. Idk why but i just cant seem to get over it. I take everything as a sign im pregnant. Can you guys give me a little advice.

--------------------
Blizzard babi

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpe Diem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, even though you didn't specify what sexual activities you engaged in that gave you a pregnancy scare ("just stuff" is kinda vague), since you had 2 negative pregnancy tests as well as a period, that means nope, your not pregnant. Why not give this article a look-see? http://m.scarleteen.com/article/body/chicken_soup_for_the_pregnancy_symptom_freakouts_soul
Posts: 210 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaundi
Neophyte
Member # 96708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shaundi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh im sorry i didn't elaborate on what happened. That article helped its just ive been on google looking well freaking myself out about everything first i thought that my period might have been somthing called implant bleeding. Then i thought i could have tested to early but it was14 days past the incident which i think is ok. Im just a little shaken up.

--------------------
Blizzard babi

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpe Diem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking all over the Internet can freak you out, yes, but you have to think of where the information is coming from. For example: a respected fact-based site with researched information? Or a nameless/faceless person on google answers with no real credibility?

14 days past the purported risk is long enough for the test to be accurate.

Too? Implantation bleeding is very rare and does not resemble a period, which you said you had.

Also, I'm still not sure if there really was a risk to begin with, since you didn't specify what sexual activities you engaged in.

Posts: 210 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shaundi
Neophyte
Member # 96708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shaundi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True i think im going to take the advice in the article and go treat myself to a day at the spa. I need to get off the internet. Im doing nothing but makeing my mind play tricks on me when the anwser is right there. I took 2 test they were neg. And i got my period. Its clear i have nothing to worry about. Thank you so much you have helped alot. This site is awsome you guys are amazing:)

--------------------
Blizzard babi

Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

So glad that you are going to take some time and take care of yourself [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.