Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » lots of questions, plz help!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lots of questions, plz help!!!
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

Icon 4 posted      Profile for h.kirk100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey, so i havent been on here in a while and i am kinda freaking out. i got fingered by a guy in mid june. i dont remember the exact date. around the 17th? well anyways i gave him a handjob first and he touched himself so i am not sure if he had precum on his hands while he fingered me. well i had my period towards the end of june. then i think i had another period towards the end of july but i cant remember for sure [Frown] well now recently i have been concerned that i am pregnant. i took a test yesterday morning and it was negative but i didnt use my first morning urine. my sister started her period 3 days ago and we usually start about the same time. i am not sure what date i am supposed to start and i am super nervous. i leave for college tomorrow and my sister is getting married in 2 weeks. i am so stressed and i dont know what to do. plz help
Posts: 24 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you understand that manual sex -- fingering -- is not a way pregnancy is likely, at all, to occur, period?

Have you also looked at this first: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002477.html

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for h.kirk100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks heather!!! but i think my period is now 2 to 3 days late. i dont know what to do. any pregnancy risk?
Posts: 24 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were you able to read the link that heather gave you? If so, based on what you read there, do you think you have a pregnancy risk?

Do you write down the dates that your period starts? Having a period be two or three days later than it's expected can happen for all sorts of reasons. You might find it helpful to take a look at this article:

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h.kirk100
Neophyte
Member # 87615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for h.kirk100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey robin, thank you for replying. i did read the link. i saw how it said very unlikely. and i took a pregnancy test a few days ago which came out negative. i started college today and i have never been late on my period before so that is what makes me concerned
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With all the changes in your life right now, it's bound to affect your body, which can include making a period late.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathryn2425     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I am basically in the very same situation as you and I've had 2 periods also after giving my bf a hand job but my question is that in these situations, is it even necessary to take a pregnancy test since manual sex does not pose really any risks and I've had 2 periods that are medium the first day, heavy the next 2 days, and spotting for about 3 days?
Posts: 118 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpe Diem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you didn't have a pregnancy risk to begin with, and you have had 2 periods since then u can be pretty darn sure you're not pregnant.
Some people just take a pregnancy test to reassure themselves, but your period is your body's own way of saying "I'm not pregnant".

Posts: 210 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathryn2425     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So it's really just that easy? Getting your period means that you're 100% not pregnant?
Posts: 118 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it looks like a period, acts like a period, and feels like a period? Then it is a period.

And a period is the shedding of the menstrual lining that happens expressly because the ovum available to be fertilized and implant in the previous cycle? It wasn't. So, yes.

Mind, some people experience some kinds of other vaginal or uterine bleeding when pregnant: a period, or menstruation isn't a term that covers all flow, just a specific kind. But when that happens, it rarely will happen on the same schedule as a period, have the same kind of flow, and come with all the ways of feeling a period usually does.

But too, those folks who are pregnant and having that bleeding? They're pregnant: if they took a pregnancy test? It'd be positive. We have the technology now, so it's not like most people, especially not in developed nations, have to try and figure out if they're pregnant just by period/no period or not.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Okay so if your period comes on time and it's pretty heavy, it's a period?
Heather
Member # 3

Not everyone has heavy periods, so I can't say. Over time, most of us will have a sense of what our "normal," is with periods, or our range of normal.

So, if something seems like your own normal period, feels like it, happens around the time you're expecting it? Then it's probably your period, yes.

But what makes a period a period, by definition, is that what it is is the cyclic shedding of the uterine lining which specifically occurs because an ovum did not implant in it in the last cycle.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Kathryn2425
Activist
Member # 107882

Okay so when you do something sexual with a minimal risk of pregnancy and you get your period on time afterwards and it seems normal with cramps and such, then it means that you're not pregnant?
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpe Diem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In a word: yes [Smile]
Posts: 210 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.