Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Very scared! Please help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very scared! Please help!
Ridleylover0918
Neophyte
Member # 107878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ridleylover0918     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I had sex 19 days ago, six days after that was my ovulation day. We had protected sex, the condom didn't break and he didn't ejaculate inside me. I have been extremely panicked and stressed. My period is due in four days but my period is also irregular. Do you think that I have anything to worry about? I have noticed my discharge change. Last week it was thick and white, now it's more clear and watery. Does this mean anything? I have some cramping, and my breasts are somewhat tender. This usually happens before my period though. Thanks for the help/advice in advance!
Posts: 11 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patricia H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patricia H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ridleylover0918,

I'm not sure what you are asking about here. Could you be more specific as to what you are stressed out about, and how we can help you?

--------------------
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. - Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

Posts: 231 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ridleylover0918
Neophyte
Member # 107878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ridleylover0918     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess I'm asking is that is there a chance I could be pregnant? Also if stressing a lot could maybe make me think i have symptoms or make my period late?
Posts: 11 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpe Diem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds to me like you used condoms as well as withdrawal for birth control and your period isn't late yet (you said it was due in 4 days) so I don't see what is making you panic.
Discharge changes throughout our cycles so that's nothing to worry about, and you mentioned you are experiencing your normal pre-menstrual symptoms.
All this put together says to me you have nothing to worry about per pregnancy, so are you aware of a certain reason why you're so freaked out?

--------------------
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain."
-Joseph Campbell

Posts: 210 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ridleylover0918
Neophyte
Member # 107878

I guess I'm just freaked out because if I were to be pregnant i wouldn't know what to do. My partner and I discussed how much stress I go through after having sex and decided to wait until I'm a bit older. I think mainly why I'm panicked is because I've been over thinking everything, and noticing every little change in my body since I had sex. Then I got around to googling symptoms and alot of pregnancy stuff came up.
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpe Diem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotcha. I think it sounds like a wise decision to take any type of sex that could cause pregnancy off the table for now. Once you feel you have a firm grasp of the risks involved and are more secure in undertaking them then you can revisit the subject.
I think it's great that it sounds like you and your partner have an relationship where you can comfortably and openly discuss these things.

--------------------
-Joseph Campbell

Posts: 210 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ridleylover0918
Neophyte
Member # 107878

Thank you for helping me! I didn't have anyone other than my partner to discus it with. It means alot [Smile]
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Your welcome [Smile]
Ridleylover0918
Neophyte
Member # 107878

This morning I went to the bathroom and there was a bit of blood, so I think this is my period! Or hopefully it is..
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since you're expecting your period right now, that seems likely. =)
Do you have a good handle on proper condom use, or want to talk about other forms of birth control that might make you feel less stressed after sex? Also, if you're super-worried about pregnancy in general, it's ok to take the types of sex that are a pregnancy risk off the table for a while.

Because you talked about stress making your period late and about different types of discharge, I wanted to make sure you'd seen these articles:
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions
M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

Posts: 1337 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ridleylover0918
Neophyte
Member # 107878

Well I'm not on the pill but I think I'm going to go on it soon. I just don't really know how to bring it up to my parents that I want to be on it
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Well, as a fellow Canadian (oh ya [Smile] ) I can say that if you are over 14 you can go to a clinic to access that sort of sexual health care and not need parental consent.
For example, when I was 14 I went to the Anne Johnston Health Station in Toronto (where I live) for emergency contraception which--along with several months of birth control pills and STI testing--they gave me free of charge. I'm not sure where in Canada you live but similar clinics with sex-positive environments are available throughout the country.
Regardless of that, however, how is your relationship with your parents like in general when it comes to discussing a variety of topics?

[ 07-05-2013, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Carpe Diem ]

--------------------
-Joseph Campbell

Ridleylover0918
Neophyte
Member # 107878

I'm from the maritimes, but my relationship with my parents are okay. I lived with my dad ever since I was eight, so I'm pretty comfortable talking about stuff like period supplies and stuff. We've talked a little bit before about birth control and he said that whenever I wanted to go on it, then we would go to my doctor and find out which kinds there are and all that stuff. I think my biggest problem is just how to bring it up. I don't really want to come out and say " I'm having sex and want birth control pills" I think that would be a bit awkward.
Ridleylover0918
Neophyte
Member # 107878

And also I think he might want to bring it up with my step mother, which is something I'm very uncomfortable with.
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Well, it seems like you and your dad already have a strong foundation for an open dialogue about stuff like your sexual health, since he already told you to let him know when you felt you wanted to start birth control.
It's too bad you don't feel comfortable with your step-mother being involved with the whole subject (which sucks, and I've had times in my life where I can relate to what you're saying. Plus, the whole thing is totally personal, which I completely empathize with).
What do you think would happen if you were to ask for a bit of discretion from your dad on the matter?

--------------------
-Joseph Campbell

Ridleylover0918
Neophyte
Member # 107878

I think he'd respect that and most likely just tell my step mother what I was doing rather than being there whenever I actually asked about the pill
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Ok then, so at this point do you feel comfortable bringing up the subject with your dad?
Do you need any tips?
Or do you feel the best method is to go to a clinic where you can get what you need annonomosly?
Really any decision is perfectly alright and up to you.

--------------------
-Joseph Campbell

Ridleylover0918
Neophyte
Member # 107878

I think I might need some tips on what to say to him
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ridleylover0918,

Well, since he's told you before that you could ask him to help when you wanted birth control, maybe you could start with that. You could ask him if you two could talk privately, then say something like:

"Hey Dad, remember when you said that I could talk to you when I wanted to start birth control? wel, I'm ready to find out about it. Can you help me make an appointment with the doctor?"

I'm a little unsure about what it is you don't want your step-mother to know. That is, are you wanting to not have to talk to her about it, or do you not want her to know at all? Depending on which one it is, do you feel like you need some help figuring out how to talk to your dad about that as well?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Also, why not check out this article and see what you think? http://m.scarleteen.com/article/sexuality/about_that_talk_with_your_parents

--------------------
-Joseph Campbell

Ridleylover0918
Neophyte
Member # 107878

I wouldn't mind her knowing but having the talk with her and my dad would be uncomfortable because we are not close at all. And the article gave me some good tips. Thanks for all the help [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.