Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Precum Pregnancy Help..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Precum Pregnancy Help..
lngbrdsc
Neophyte
Member # 107775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lngbrdsc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So four days ago, me and my girlfriend were messing around a she gave me a hj and I had a little precum on the tip and im pretty sure I wiped it with my thumb and then on my leg, but before we did all of this I took a piss, anyway 5 minutes later I fingered her and I used my middle finger. The reason Im nervous is cause I cant remember if I had any on that finger. My girlfriend said her period ended two days before this whole thing happened and not to worry cause she wasent ovulating, should I be worried is there any chance of a pregnancy risk?
Posts: 10 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haleigh H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi lngbrdsc,

Let's start by giving these two pages a look.

Pregnancy Risk Assessment

Can I Get Pregnant or Pass an STI From That?

I think these two pages will be really helpful. After checking them out, let me know if you have any questions.

--------------------
Haleigh

Posts: 176 | From: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lngbrdsc
Neophyte
Member # 107775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lngbrdsc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems I shouldn't be worried, but im the type of person to think the worst possible scenario. So you don't think any of that posses a risk of pregnancy even if I might of had dry pre ejcualte on my finger
Posts: 10 | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haleigh H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lngbrdsc,

I think you are right on, there is no pregnancy risk from what you described. Sperm really cannot survive out in the open and if the pre ejaculation was dry then its safe to save there are no live sperm at that point.

If you are the type to worry, do you think knowing the pregnancy/STI risks posed by different types of sexual activity would be helpful? Do you feel any relief after reading through those two articles?

--------------------
Haleigh

Posts: 176 | From: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lngbrdsc
Neophyte
Member # 107775

Yes I feel relieved I just diden't know how much of a risk there was from my incident, her period also ended two days before it which means she wasent ovulating right?
Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

Ovulation can be a bit more tricky. In order to know when precisely ovulation occurs it would have to be tracked for some time. Here is a page with all that information too [Big Grin]
Refresher Course on Human Reproduction

--------------------
Haleigh

lngbrdsc
Neophyte
Member # 107775

So to make me feel better there is really no risk of preganacy this way?
lngbrdsc
Neophyte
Member # 107775

I need an answer im flipping out! [Frown]
Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

Correct, there is no pregnancy risk from what you described. And you figured that out yourself, "It seems I shouldn't be worried", trust yourself [Big Grin]

--------------------
Haleigh

lngbrdsc
Neophyte
Member # 107775

Thank you so much, you helped a lot:)
Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

You're very welcome.

--------------------
Haleigh

lngbrdsc
Neophyte
Member # 107775

One more thing to put my mind at ease, I shouldent be nervous?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you fill me in on what you're still feeling unsure about? You've read the articles and already discussed your concerns. You have the facts, yet you're still nervous.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lngbrdsc
Neophyte
Member # 107775

I'm not worried that much I just feel like I'm that person that it could happen too
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's safe to say that everyone in a panic like this feels like they're "that person."

The things is, there is no "that person" who has a pregnancy happen in a way it just can't. Just like there's no "that person," for example, who can wake up one day having sprouted wings and grown a tail.

Feeling afraid in this situation is real, but what's not real is what you're afraid of happening in this situation. Make sense?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lngbrdsc
Neophyte
Member # 107775

So from that last sentence your saying I have nothing to be afraid of because it doesn't sound likely to happen?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What Heather is saying is that there are ways that pregnancy can happen, and ways that it can't. Those two categories don't overlap.

So, if you haven't experienced a way that pregnancy *can* happen, there's no way you can be pregnant.

So, what is real here, is your fear, not the possibility of pregnancy.

What are you going to do to handle that fear?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lngbrdsc
Neophyte
Member # 107775

Well the fear has slowly been going away it's been 2 weeks since the incident and my girlfriend isn't worried so I shouldent be

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.