Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Period Missing&Pregnancy, true or false?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period Missing&Pregnancy, true or false?
lym940320
Neophyte
Member # 103725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lym940320     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello again Scarleteen,
I've been paranoid about my gf's pregnancy risk happened on the 14th of Feb. Fortunately, she didn't miss any period for 2 months. Are we safe to say that she's not pregnant?
- On the internet, I've heard people getting pregnant without missing their period.
Is it true? If it is, what are the chances?
Thank you so much in advance!

Posts: 7 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see from your post history that you have already been given the information you would need to assess your pregnancy risk. Have you been able yet to figure out if you had a risk at all? Do you still have any doubts or questions about that?

That said, if your girlfriend has had two regular periods since the risk, there is really no reason to suspect pregnancy at this point. It is not possible to have a period and be pregnant. Do you understand how the menstrual cycle works and why it is not possible to have a period while pregnant?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lym940320
Neophyte
Member # 103725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lym940320     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your promptly reply.
I'm clueless, which is why I'm seeking for help and answers. I wasn't given a clear answer but directed to the resources within the site, from what I've gathered, there is no pregnancy risk there. But something is telling me that everyone's case should is different, therefore the outcome. Paranoid I might be, I really just want to be sure.
More than 1 site has said that woman can have normal period for up to many months even being pregnant(Many anecdotes).

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1191-pregnancy-questions/1702762-pregnant-but-didnt-miss-period-confused.html
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080929145706AA6gSBY

Thanks again, hope you understand my frustration and eagerness of seeking for definite answers.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI There

While everyone's body is different, and will behave differently, the ways that people can get pregnant are the same for everyone. So, if the resources said there was no pregnancy risk for the activities you engaged in, then there was no pregnancy risk for *anyone* who engages in those activities.

If you feel there was a pregnancy risk, we certainly can talk about that, but know that what any of us is going to tell you will be the same as what you read in the resources you've already read. Again, this is because there really are just only certain ways one can get pregnant.

As to getting periods during pregnancy, that's really not accurate. The menstrual cycle doesn't continue during pregnancy, so, while some people do experience bleeding during pregnancy, it's not because of the menstrual cycle, and, for the majority of people, will not look like, act like, or happen at the same times *** their menstrual cycle.

So, if you evaluated that you had no pregnancy risk, you do not need to be concerned that you're pregnant. [Smile] ,

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lym940320
Neophyte
Member # 103725

Thank you so much for the contribution and clarification Robin.
From what I've gathered. Non-direct genital contact cannot result pregnancy(2 layers of clothes, both on me.) regardless of ejaculation. BUT there's a variable: What if the clothing I was wearing was soaked, and that she tried to push it in her?
and , please excuse me to rephrase your reply. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.
Any bleeding occurring after conception will not occur in the same frequency as my gf's menstrual bleeding. Therefore there's nothing I should worry about as hers arrived regularly.

Again, really appreciate your replies. Many thanks sincerely.

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When we say that non-direct genital contact (through layers of clothing) doesn't present a pregnancy risk, we're taking into account things like semen soaking through those clothes.

Your second point is correct: bleeding that happens during pregnancy does not tend to resemble a period. Your girlfriend has had two regular, normal periods since the incident you're concerned about, so there's no need to be concerned about pregnancy.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lym940320
Neophyte
Member # 103725

Thank you all for your sparing valuable time to response to this post!
lym940320
Neophyte
Member # 103725

Thank you all for your replies! Really appreciate it! I just don't know why there are so many anecdotes saying that they have their period(I assumed to be "normal" period) even if they're pregnant. Guess I was paranoid for no reason. Thank you all again for sparing your precious time!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.