Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Pregnancy possibility anxiety?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy possibility anxiety?
julesluvsbecks
Neophyte
Member # 107434

Icon 11 posted      Profile for julesluvsbecks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!
So I've read the articles on what can and can't get you pregnant, like the Pregnancy Scared article. I realize that my risk was very low- it involved oral sex, and the possibility of precum touching a finger and then touching underwear. So I realize that this is very very unlikely, but seeing as that my period is a few days late (although I did mess up my birth control month which could have contributed to that) I'm still stressing like crazy. How can I (besides getting a pregnancy test, it's too early for that) just stop freaking myself out about this? It's ruining my focus in school.

--------------------
♥previously jaebaby- after multiple posts in the pregnancy scare boards, the name finally began to look twisted to me♥

Posts: 16 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI jaebaby
and welcome to the Scarleteen message boards,

What you're describing is not a pregnancy risk at all. So, the first thing to do in getting yourself to stop freaking out is to remember that. [Smile]

do you want to talk about what happened with your birth control to figure out what is happening with your monthly bleed? Are you on the birth control pill, or another form of contraception?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
julesluvsbecks
Neophyte
Member # 107434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for julesluvsbecks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it might help me stop from stressing if I can get an idea of why I'm late! I am on birth control pills. I forgot two days when I was at the hospital and just resumed my cycle like normal when I remembered, no doubling on pills or anything

--------------------
♥previously jaebaby- after multiple posts in the pregnancy scare boards, the name finally began to look twisted to me♥

Posts: 16 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you in your inactive pill week right now?

I'm presuming you were at the hospital because you were ill or were having a medical procedure done. Either of these can put stress on the body which can throw things off, even for folks who are on the pill.

And, just to be sure, if you did engage in any sexual activity that can lead to pregnancy (that is, direct genital to genital contact) your pill would not have been at it's full effectiveness the way you took it.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
julesluvsbecks
Neophyte
Member # 107434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for julesluvsbecks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have two days left on my inactive week. I was at the hospital for a family member so I was under a lot of stress... and the only sexual activity I engaged in was the situation I described above

--------------------

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, you don't need to be concerned about a pregnancy risk, but both stress and any change in the way you take your pills can affect when your withdrawal bleed shows up. (By the way, I'm not sure if you know this, but regardless of whether or not your bleed shows up, you need to start your new pack of pills when you normally would.)

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
julesluvsbecks
Neophyte
Member # 107434

Okay, that helps. I'm going to go ahead and start on my new pack of pills, and see what happens next month.

--------------------

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you're feeling better. [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
julesluvsbecks
Neophyte
Member # 107434

Thank you for helping me out! [Smile]

--------------------

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

You're very welcome.

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.