Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Worried. Implantation bleeding?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried. Implantation bleeding?
saphira2013
Neophyte
Member # 104162

Icon 4 posted      Profile for saphira2013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I already wrote a question a few days ago, but something just cropped up and I'd like to get some advice.

Last Friday I had sex [using a condom], but before that, I gave him a handjob and did not wash my hands after, so when I put the condom on him, I had some pre-ejaculation on my hands. I had asked about the likelihood of pregnancy from pre-ejaculation ending up on the condom, but Heather explained to me that this was highly unlikely.
Now, I just went to the bathroom [it's been 4 days] and found some brown and red discharge. I've also been having slight cramps [like I usually get around ovulation/period].
Having heard about implantation bleeding I got a bit worried. However, I also know how rare it is, and usually occurs later than 4 days. I'm thinking it could be ovulation bleeding [when we had sex it was 4 days before my ovulation - so I should be ovulating today. My discharge was very clear and watery, in fact, for the past 3 days], but I've never had it before.

Can you tell me if I'm right in thinking that the risks of this being implantation bleeding are very small, and that it's more likely to be ovulation bleeding or an early light period due to the stress I've been having?
Thank you!

Posts: 39 | From: Malta | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you and Heather already discussed in your last post, a pregnancy is just really really unlikely from what you describe.

Also, as you said, implantation bleeding, which is rare, would really not be at all likely to occur after only 4 ays. The reproductive process that leads up to implantation takes longer than that.

So, what we're talking about here would be either spotting during your cycle, or an early period. Both of these things can happen at any time for any reason, but yes, stress is a big factor.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saphira2013
Neophyte
Member # 104162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saphira2013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right, thank you for helping me put my mind at rest [Smile] I really should stop freaking out like this because it's making me hate myself and I can't enjoy intimacy anymore without feeling guilt ridden, paranoid and scared.
I'm going on the pill as from my next period and hopefully that might help me cool down a little.
Thanks again!

Posts: 39 | From: Malta | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.