Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » could she get pregnant from this

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could she get pregnant from this
nigel
Neophyte
Member # 101405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nigel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi my name is Nigel.
my girlfriend is 17 and her last period started around a day before Christmas. We did not have sex but were naked in bed. She was on top of me while i fingered her away from my penis. She gave me a bj and made me cum some in her mouth and some on me she continued and started giving me handjob for 2-3 mimutes and her vagina was away from my penis. We then French kissed and im not sure if i went down and fingered her or licked her vagina(fingers never touched sperm) but im scared that they could have been sperm in my mouth from kissing her even if she swallowed ,we then stoped.what are chances there was alive sperm that could hav got on her vagina from my mouth.im really worried and i appreciate your answers .thanks you for reading

Posts: 12 | From: Ireland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Nigel and welcome to Scarleteen,

I think you'll find this advice column we published recently to be helpful.

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/how_do_you_avoid_getting_pregnant_after_giving_a_handjob_or_oral_sex

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nigel
Neophyte
Member # 101405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nigel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be grateful for an answer as quick as possible as i am starting to worry alot . Please help.
Posts: 12 | From: Ireland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nigel
Neophyte
Member # 101405

Thanks Robin i read it all and i am hoping we are safe. The fact that shes in the middle of ovulation scares me but if my sperm isn't strong enough to live through a hj, bj and being in our mouths we should be okay. Shes startin the pill after her next period and Il get protection too just hope we aren't too late [Frown]
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Nigel,

The thing to remember here is that pregnancy really can't happen unless there is direct contact.

Here's some more reading for you that I think can help put these fears at rest.

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

Pregnancy Scared?

If you have questions about what you learn in these articles, please let us know. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nigel
Neophyte
Member # 101405

Thanks Robin i am positive there was no direct contact between our genitals just my finger which had no sperm and my mouth which im not sure of since i kissed her but hoping they would have died. Thanks for you help and i will let you know if anything strange happens.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Sperm don't live in the mouth and can't be transferred that way. They need semen, the fluid in which they come out, to do their job, and any other environment, such as the mouth, hand, or a piece of clothing, isn't an environment that will keep sperm alive and help them transfer.

--------------------
Robin

nigel
Neophyte
Member # 101405

Thank you so much im so relieved. This is a great website and your help was excellent. We will be protected next time.
nigel
Neophyte
Member # 101405

Sorry im back i am still worried even tho i know its low risk. I just keep thinkin the worst. Would Monday been a fertile day and even a tiny bit of sperm could do the job since i can finger as far as her cervix.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless your partner charts her fertility daily via cervical mucus, basal temperature or both, and has for at least several months, and we can thus know when she's most or least fertile, we couldn't begin to know that (and neither can she).

But what we CAN know is how pregnancy does and doesn't happen. And as we've already talked with you about, you're not reporting that you two have engaged in the kind of sex that poses real pregnancy risks.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nigel
Neophyte
Member # 101405

Okay thanks Heather i can relax so.
nigel
Neophyte
Member # 101405

Hi i know you told me that my situation is low risk but after clearing my head and calming down i read over to make sure i had everything clear. I wanted to say that all this happened instantly and wanted to know if its true no matter how long after i ejaculated once i didn't ejaculate directly in/on or around her genitals there's no risk. Sorry for asking again.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi Nigel,

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying was different.

However, the fact still remains that the ways one can get pregnant, which we've already talked about and which are discussed in the articles I linked you to, are stil the same. So, if you did not have direct contact between your bare genitals, and did not ejaculate directly onto your girlfriend's vulva or into her vagina, there isn't a pregnancy risk. Make sense?

--------------------
Robin

nigel
Neophyte
Member # 101405

Ye thanks Robin sorry just keep thinking the worst the whole time.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Do you feel like you have a good sense for why what you've described isn't considered a pregnancy risk?

--------------------
Robin

nigel
Neophyte
Member # 101405

Ye i do, just never came to mind at the time as we were carefull to make sure not to touch of each other down there but then i realised i kissed her straight after she stoped giving me a bj and then straight away i went to lick her and thought i could have spread it that way but for your help i now know it cant.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Terrific! Glad to hear you're feeling more settled with this. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

nigel
Neophyte
Member # 101405

Hi,im back i was fingerin her again yesterday and notice i had blood on fingers thought i just scratched her inside by going to fast but this morning she said its her period but its too early, her period is irregular but mostly comes around 37 days long but this is 24days. How could it changed that much or did i just make her bleed or is this a sign of pregnancy.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

periods can change, particularly if they're irregular to begin with.

I'm not hearing any cause for alarm here. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

nigel
Neophyte
Member # 101405

Okay just wanted to make sure, thanks again for your support at the start you were great. [Smile]
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you're feeling a bit more relaxed. [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mango1990
Neophyte
Member # 107264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mango1990     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone, I have a pretty similar situation here and I'm kind of worried. I read through this and it seemed pretty similar to my situation but not exactly the same. My girlfriend and I were naked next to each other, she gave me a bj and hj, i came mostly in her mouth and she swallowed most of it, but some landed on me. None landed in or near her vagina. I'm worried a bit of precum might have been on my hands cause i touched myself a little bit before she gave me a bj, but I know there was some precum down there. So there was several minutes between me touching myself and me cumming, and after I came I started to finger her. I'm worried that a bit of semen or precum could have gotten in her vagina and gotten her pregnant. There was no genital to genital contact. She regularly has her period for 7 days, and this happened last night, 2 nights after her period ended (9 days after it started). How likely is it that she is pregnant? Should we go so far as to get Plan B or something? Yes, I read all the articles. None described my exact situation. Thanks for your time.
Posts: 2 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mango1990
Neophyte
Member # 107264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mango1990     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I did read all the pages about this pregnancy evaluation stuff, but none of it really pertained to my exact scenario and I wanted someone's opinion who is more knowledgable. Thanks again.
Posts: 2 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

HI Nigel,

From our Pregnancy Scared? article:

Were you only kissing, having oral sex, manual sex and/or dry sex, where someone (or everyone) had clothes on and/or no one ejaculated on or very near anyone else's vulva? These kinds of sex do NOT present pregnancy risks, though some present risks of STIs.

It sounds like you were engaging only in the types of sexual activities listed here.As we make clear in all the articles you've read, these activities do not pose a risk. If there were scenarios in which they did pose a risk, we would make that clear. [Smile]

""

--------------------
Robin

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.