Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » I'm really worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm really worried
his87love52910
Neophyte
Member # 48950

Icon 11 posted      Profile for his87love52910     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really worried I might be pregnant. I'm pretty normal with my cycle, but I always know I'm going to get my period because I never have any discharge at all the day right before I get my period. Always. But this time I had no discharge at all for 3 whole days and now for the past two days I've had a slight brownish pinkish discharge. And I'm really worried because this has never ever happened to me before.
Posts: 28 | From: none | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even if your cycle generally follows the same pattern, there are a lot of variables that might change when your period starts and what it looks like; what you've described doesn't sound like a cause for concern even if it's different from what you're used to.

It sounds like your period came a couple of days late, but that isn't a cause for worry now that it is here.

Have you had unprotected sexual contact that poses a pregnancy risk? If you aren't sure what's a risk and what isn't, you can check out the links listed here: Afraid you might be pregnant? Please read this first!

Posts: 1344 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
his87love52910
Neophyte
Member # 48950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for his87love52910     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I've been having unprotected sex. And that's why I'm worried. And this isn't a period. I don't have my period. I just have like a slight brownish discharge now. My period is always heavey and this isn't even red or a flow. It's just a discharge.
Posts: 28 | From: none | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's possible that you are having a light period - even with a history of heavy periods light ones can still happen.
But if you've been having unprotected intercourse, then you are certainly at a risk for pregnancy, and the only way to know if you are pregnant or not, at this point, is to buy a home pregnancy test or see a sexual health care provider.

If you decide to buy a home pregnancy test, I'd advise you to see a health care provider soon to have a checkup for STIs, as sexual contact without protection puts you at risk of those as well. Also, if it's been under 120 hours since you've had unprotected sex, Emergency Contraception will reduce the risk of becoming pregnant.

Going forward, I'd strongly suggest you look into some method of birth control if you want to continue having intercourse and aren't in a place where you feel willing and able to handle a pregnancy right now, and that you have a serious talk with your partner about it to make sure he's on board. If you need help sorting any of that out, we'd be happy to help.

Here are some links that may be helpful:
Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests
Birth Control Bingo!
Condom Basics: A User's Manual

Posts: 1344 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
his87love52910
Neophyte
Member # 48950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for his87love52910     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't have intercourse a few days ago so unfortunatley the pill would do me no good. I had sex about two weeks ago. And do you think that is the best option? As in me taking a pregnancy test. I don't want to spend the money if I don't have to.
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Well, it's up to you if you think it's best option or not. However, the only way to know if you are pregnant is to take a test, either one you buy in a drugstore or one given to you by a doctor.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.