Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Maybe Pregnant, Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maybe Pregnant, Help!
sparkdkaos
Neophyte
Member # 102361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkdkaos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last time I had sex was on Nov 18 and 25 completely unprotected. I skipped my period in the beginning of Dec but got what I assume to be a normal period (lasted 3 days as usual and kinda heavy and gooey, tmi) on Jan 7 which was after many negative hpts including two at planned parenthood on Dec 11 and Jan 7. They told me I could start my bc pills Jan 13 on a sunday. I stopped taking them 6 days later because I didnt like the side affects. I had withdrawal bleeding 2 days later for 2 days, really heavy and with alot of small clots. During all this I had went to the hospital on Jan 11 and 15 and they did blood and urine tests, all coming back negative but I still have abdominal pain so they also did a ct scan and a pelvic exam. During all this I would have been about 4 weeks pregnant If I was. Could the ct scan have shown pregnancy (even though you shouldnt have one if pregnant) or could the er doctor have noticed pregnancy when feeling around during the pelvic exam. I have no infections or stds. Here it is Jan 25 and still negative results. Ive been having constant stomach pains..upper, lower, in both ovary areas. Stomach feels tight all the time and everytime I eat I get really bloated like it looks like im a couple months pregnant. Sometimes it also feels like im discharging but nothing is ever there. Also have the urge to pee more often than usual. Can I have negative blood and urine tests, have a normal period, and have withdrawal bleeding if I was pregnant. Would the withdrawal bleed have happened if I was pregnant before starting the pill? Im so worried and nobody can give me answers. Why does my stomach hurt so bad? The only other thing I can think it is is that I only have been eating like 500 calories a day for the last couple months and Im down to 117lbs at 5'10". I usually weigh 130-135. Maybe my stomach is eating itself but it doesnt explain the urination problems.
Posts: 20 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are only eating 500 calories a day that would put your body in starvation mode, which absolutely would cause your stomach to hurt, as well as problems with your period, urination, and defecation. Is there a reason you are eating so little? I would go to a doctor right away, depending on how long you have been starving you might need an IV to get nutrients into you.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkdkaos
Neophyte
Member # 102361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkdkaos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wasnt eating because during this time I had very little appetite. I was only able to eat a few bites at a time before feeling sick. This is part of the reason why I thought I was pregnant. Though Im hoping that because its now been 2 months and Im still getting negative results and I had a withdrawal bleed, that im not pregnant. But as far as food goes, my appetite is back and my stomach is always growling but my mind is telling me im not hungry. And I like the number on the scale so i kinda wanna stay at 115-118lbs.
Posts: 20 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The number on the scale can't tell you if this is a healthy weight for you. What I would suggest is that you ask a healthcare provider next time you see one to give you some feedback on what would be a healthy weight for you and help you figure out how to achieve that while still feeling good.

you mentioned above that you stopped taking your birth control pills. Have you been able to discuss this with a healthcare provider? Do you have plans to try another birth control method?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkdkaos
Neophyte
Member # 102361

Havent decided about another form of birth control. I think I would need something with a lower dose of hormones or none at all. If I decide on getting back on it. Right now I just cant stop stressing over pregnancy so I havent done anything lately til I can know for sure in my own mind that Im not pregnant. I just wanna be able to sleep through the night and stop thinking.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you think you need in order to know that you are not pregnant?

If you'd lke to talk over possible birth control options, I'd be happy to do that with you.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkdkaos
Neophyte
Member # 102361

I dont know, i just want someone to give me a 100% guarantee that all the hpts for the last two months (including one today) were accurate. I cant stop thinking that im one of those freaks that dont show positive til 3 months or later. Or even continue having a period/ or withdrawal bleeding while being pregnant.

For bc...i tried the pill because its cheap and i have no problem remembering it everyday but i cant stand the constant nausea or waking up feeling like im on fire. I was considering maybe some kind of implant. I dont want something that stops my period altogether because I rely on that majorly to make sure im not pregnant. (I cant rely on it this time unfortunately since I had skipped the previous month ironically enough). Im probably stressing myself out over nothing.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Have you expressed these fears about the pregnancy tests not being accurate to the healthcare providers you've seen?

After two months, you can trust test results. Where have you heard that some people's pregnancy tests aren't accurate after that amount of time?

--------------------
Robin

sparkdkaos
Neophyte
Member # 102361

I know its a big no-no but I've been reading all these crazy stories online about women not producing enough hcg in early pregnancy for hpts to pick it up til much later. I did ask the doctor when I went in a month after my skipped period if the test was definately negative and she said since it had been a month since last sexual encounter that I could trust it ( but then i went reading online and now ive reached the point of it being all i think about). Im kinda tired of buying and taking tests so i think im gonna do my very best to ignore my anxiety about it.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Do yourself a favour and stop reading those stories. [Smile] I don't know why people write things like that. Well, I suspect they like the drama of it, and are either making things up or leaving out crucial details.
HCG is a hormone secreted by the placenta. I'm not really up on my pregnancy biochemistry, but basically the amount of HCG rises for a while, then levels offf. If there wasn't enough HcG in early pregnancy to be detected by a pregnancy test, there wouldn't be enough to sustain the pregnancy.

When you start to panic, how about replacing the running thoughts of those stories with the words that your doctor said? [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

sparkdkaos
Neophyte
Member # 102361

Yeah that sounds good. Im gonna keep reminding myself that I had a period that I assume was normal and a withdrawal bleed. Not to mention the tests and the doctor. And thank you for listening to my incessant babble. I know its probably annoying but I really dont have anyone else to talk to. You have been very patient and helpful :-)
sparkdkaos
Neophyte
Member # 102361

Just one last question..,Do I start calculating my next period from the day of my last period or from the time of withdrawal bleeding from stopping pills mid-pack?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You could start from the withdrawal bleed.
You may find that it takes a couple of cycles for your body to establish a pattern as things may have been interrupted by the week or so of pill-taking. So, if your next period doesn't come when you expect it, or comes sooner, that may be why.

...and You're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.