Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Paranoid for no reason?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paranoid for no reason?
winterx3
Neophyte
Member # 105393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for winterx3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys,

I'm on the BC pill and have been since November of 2012. For a while I was hooking up with a guy, relying on the withdrawal method as my backup. I found my self worried sick every single month and when I was positive he didn't cum inside me. So I decided to stop hooking up with him and that I was going to start being safer when I had sex and start using condoms all the time so that I wouldn't have to worry myself sick anymore.

Well, from the beginning of December 2012, until the beginning of March 2013, I hadn't had any sexual encounters. On March 1st I had sex. We had sex 4 times that night and we used a condom every time. Two times he didn't even finish, and the other two he finished inside me(with the condom on). I take my pill every night at 9pm and haven't missed any in a few months. Sometimes i'm 15 maybe 20 minutes late taking it. I should be getting my period this coming wednesday the 20th, but I can't help but freak myself out that I'm pregnant even though I used two of the most reliable methods. I've been feeling crampy lately and of course I jump to conclusions and think I'm pregnant and now I have myself convinced. The chances of being pregnant really are slim to none right? I'm just being overly paranoid? Am I maybe not mentally ready to be having sex, since i'm so scared of being pregnant?

[ 03-14-2013, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: winterx3 ]

Posts: 11 | From: Mass | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi winterx3, and welcome to Scarleteen.

We do ask that users do their own risk assessments, and all the information you need for that can be found in the links here: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/007314.html

We can definitely talk about whether sex is something that you want to be engaging in, given your level of anxiety about pregnancy, however. Where do you think this anxiety is coming from?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
winterx3
Neophyte
Member # 105393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for winterx3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about that! I didn't see that before I posted!

I don't really know where the anxiety is coming from. It might be just because I finally am starting to be happy with where I'm going in life and I know that if I end up pregnant, everything will change. And my parents always say that they'll be here for me no matter what.. but I don't want to have to disappoint them by getting pregnant. I don't know why but the whole idea and concept of pregnancy just freaks me out

Posts: 11 | From: Mass | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like it would very likely be helpful to you then to take a big step back from sex for awhile, until you're more comfortable with the risks that come with it (even if those risks are incredibly small).

Why do you think that if you got pregnant, everything would change? For sure, pregnancy does change a lot of things, but it doesn't necessarily need to mean your life is ruined by any stretch of the imagination. It doesn't even need to mean continuing the pregnancy and parenting, if that's not something you want. However, if the idea of pregnancy really freaks you out, that's another thing that says to me that taking a break from sex until you can work through some of these anxieties and maybe figure out where they might be coming from would likely be a big help to you.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
winterx3
Neophyte
Member # 105393

Yeah, that probably would be in my best interest. I was doing good for awhile and was happy with not having to worry, but of course I got caught up in the moment.

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it! [Smile]

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

You're very welcome. [Smile]

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.