Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Could I really be pregnant..how could this be happening

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I really be pregnant..how could this be happening
ashpatm
Neophyte
Member # 101403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashpatm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On December 23, one day after my period ended, my boyfriend and I fooled around (naked) but didn't engage in intercourse. I made sure I never came in contact with him. About a week later on the 29th, I noticed a little bit brownish discharge after I used the restroom. It couldn't be anything period related because my period was definitely over (I'm pretty regular, get my period around the middle of the month every month). Well, just today I woke up with this horrible pain in my lower abdomen. It feels like pretty intense gas/ crampy feeling. It still hasn't gone away. Just now when I peed I noticed a very faint spot of light pink when I wiped. Now I am definitely freaking out. This has never happened. I really didn't think there was any chance I could be pregnant since my boyfriend and I didn't have sex (never have), but now I don't know what's going on, why I have this pain in my stomach, and why I just spotted. help
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI ashpatm and welcome to scarleteen,

The spotting and pain might be related, and might not. The important thing is that if you're having unexplained pain that isn't going away, seeing a healthcare provider is your best bet to start off with. Abdominal pain is rarely if ever a sign of early pregnancy (and you wouldn't be having signs of pregnancy this early anyway) but it can be caused by many other things.

So, I would suggest calling your doctor (if you have one) and making an appointment to have the pain checked out, or going to a clinic or emergency room if it's really severe or if you don't have a doctor.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.