Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » I TOOK PRECAUTIONS THIS TIME..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I TOOK PRECAUTIONS THIS TIME..
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 9 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OKAY, so my last period was november 6th to nomvember 11th. according to my period log, i was fertile from the 12-24 and i ovulated on the 20th. on that saturday, 24th, i had sex, and the condom broke...the male claims he didnt finish and he stopped when it broke. but males lie, and the next day i took next step. first pill at like 3 and the second pill at 1:30 am. only thing is, this is my first time taking it. first time was in march, second in july, third in september and then now. will it still work? and i have been begging my parents to let me get on birth control but they wont allow me. how great are my chances? please help..

--------------------
x3

Posts: 59 | From: FL | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this ISNT*** my first time taking it

--------------------
x3

Posts: 59 | From: FL | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI curiousgeorgex3,

Emergency contraception doesn't decrease in effectiveness the more often it's taken. So, it has just as much of a chance of working as it did the first time you took it.

This article has information on success rates for emergency contraception:

Emergency Contraception (Plan B or the Morning-After-Pill)

It's always a good idea to take a pregnancy test after taking emergency contraception to ensure that it did do what you wanted it to. Pregnancy tests are accurate 14 or more days after a pregnancy risk, or when a period is late.

Know too that emergency contraception can throw off the menstrual cycles for a few months after it is taken, so you may get your period sooner or later than expected.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousgeorgex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what do you think my chances of being pregnant are?

--------------------
x3

curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

btw im supposed to get my period on the 4th of december

--------------------
x3

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's really no way to predict what your chances are of being pregnant.

Only a test can say whether you are or aren't. It's too soon to test right now, though.

You mentioned above that your parents are resistant to you gettin gbirth control pills or other methods your doctor would need to prescribe. It sounds as if you've had to take emergency contraception a lot. Has this been because the condom has broken other times? Do you want to talk about what your birth control options could be?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

I also just want to add a quick note about something else in the first post of this thread. You mentioned that males lie. We work very hard here at Scarleteen to make this a safe space for everyone, and this includes avoiding blanket negative or derogatory statements about any group of people as a whole.

So, we ask people not to make sweeping generalizations like that, or, if they really feel the need to do so, to word such statements in terms of their own experience. So, it may very well be that you've experienced that males lie, but not all of us have, so that statement is necessarily more about your own experience than a statement of fact. See what I mean?

So, again, just a reminder that all sorts of people are reading these forums and we need them to be a safe spot for everyone.

--------------------
Robin

curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

they are resistant to birth control period. when iid post on here, youo all's response was more exact? i would tell them my cycle, and what happened and they would give me their opinion of how high or low my risk is. but ok.

--------------------
x3

CSandSourpatch
Activist
Member # 95598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CSandSourpatch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Just realized I read the "they" who are resistant to birth control as guys, not the parents. My bad! Still, I'd say the following applies...]

curiousgeorge--

If you still don't trust someone's intentions/words, I think you might want to reconsider what you're going to do with them, as sex is one of those things where one little lie can make a whole lot of trouble. (Granted, as Robin said, not all guys lie when it comes to sex. In fact, I'd bet money that most of them don't!)

So, if you don't trust what a partner is saying, then you are within your rights to (and probably should) tell them, "I'm not going to do this with you."

[ 11-29-2012, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: CSandSourpatch ]

Posts: 81 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiousgeorgex3
Activist
Member # 64808

yall are right! i was just curious to how high my risks were

--------------------
x3

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.